This is the kind of cake you eat when it’s technically Summer. Key word: technically.
But since it won’t stop snowing, and the thermometer won’t move past 35 F, we decided that a Cherry Bundt Cake should definitely be this month’s #Bundtamonth theme.
On a side note:Here’s how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month: – Simple rule: Use cherries and bake us a Cherry Bundt for April – Post it before April 30, 2013. – Use the #BundtAMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title should read #BundtAMonth: Chocolate Cinnamon Bundt) – Add your entry to the Linky tool below – Link back to Lora and Anuradha’s announcement posts.
Back to the cake.
At first I wanted to do a chocolate and cherry cake, but I already have that cake on here; Quick Cherry and Chocolate Cake. My next option was yogurt. Not sure why yogurt, but that’s what popped in my head – yogurt and cherries.
After a scan or two of my fridge and pantry, I found a jar of maraschino cherries, a cup of yogurt, and some brown sugar… I was ready to whip up this cake. Then, because I just wasn’t feelin’ my bundt pan, I decided to go with some minis. I think that was a great decision. I stuffed my face with 2 of them, and when I reached for the 3rd, my daughter reminded me that I already had 2…
The cherries and yogurt pair beautifully in this delicate cake. The yogurt helps keep the cake moist, while the maraschino cherries add a subtle sweet flavor.
I’ll tell you what. If you have some maraschino cherries, get ready and bake this Cherry Bundt Cake. It’s moist, sweet, soft, and pillowy!
Also, you might want to hide a couple of cakes for later … it kinda sucks when a 3-year old tells you that you ate too much cake.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter , room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, cut in half
- Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Grease 6 mini Bundt Cake pans with non-stick spray and dust with flour; tap out any excess and set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In your mixer's bowl beat together the butter and light brown sugar for 2 minutes, or until creamy.
- Add the eggs and continue to beat until combined.
- Beat in yogurt and vanilla.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture and continue to mix until thoroughly combined; batter will be thick.
- Carefully fold in the cherries.
- Divide batter evenly and pour into the prepared mini bundt pans.
- Place all bundt pans on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Take the cakes out and let cool for 10 minutes, then carefully invert them onto a cooling rack.
- Cool cakes before dusting with powdered sugar.
WW SmartPoints: 4
- Black Forest Mini Bundt Cakes by Kim at Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cherry Blueberry Cheesecake Bundt by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Bundt Cake by Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
- Cherry Filled Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cherry Drizzle by Heather at Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Kirsch Bundt by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Cherry Pecan Bundt Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Baker Street by Anuradha at�Baker Street
- Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake by Lora at Cake Duchess
- Chocolate Cherry Coke Cake by Jennie at The Messy Baker Blog
- Chocolate Cherry Dream by Kim at Ninja Baking
- Coconut Cherry Chip Bundt Cake by Anne at From My Sweet Heart
- Lemon Cherry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze by Anita at Hungry Couple
- Mahlab Vanilla Bundt Cake by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Spicy Cherry Yogurt Bundt Bake by Paula at Vintage Kitchen
- White Chocolate Black Cherry Yogurt Bundt Cake by Karen at In the Kitchen With KP
- Cherry Bundt Bake by Kate at Diethood
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy