Cherries and Yogurt Parfait – Shake up your breakfast routine with these Cherry Breakfast Parfaits. Make them ahead for a delicious breakfast on the go.
…First and foremost I want to tell you all that I truly appreciate your wonderful, kind, and caring words; yesterday’s post was very hard to write, but I had to do it for my Baba.
Sometimes all we need is for someone to tell us that everything is going to be okay, and I thank you all for that.
I went to the pool last weekend with my husband and my daughter. Had a great time watching the little one enjoy herself while swimming around with daddy…it was very sweet.
But I could not help noticing one other thing – MILFs were everywhere!! Did people start working out before June?!?
THANK goodness I “forgot” my bathing suit at home.
So last week while everyone was gobbling up ice cream and frozen cheesecakes, (it was near 100 degrees for 3 days), I was hanging out with granola, fruit, and cold yogurt parfaits.
Cherry and Yogurt Parfait
- 2 cups non-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey or agave syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups pitted cherries
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl combine the yogurt, honey, and vanilla; mix well and put it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Mix together the oats, cocoa, and sugar, and pour in a skillet.
- Toast the oats over medium heat for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely and set aside.
- Put the pitted cherries in the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes, or until soft. Cool completely.
- Assemble the parfaits by pouring a 1/2 cup of yogurt in each glass.
- Spoon over some of the oats, top with half of the cherries, then pour the rest of the yogurt on top, and finish off with more oats and cherries.
- Put the parfaits in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.
- I partially froze mine and pretended that I was eating ice cream with the rest. In fact, I urge you to freeze it because it is that much better when frozen. Trust me – I’ve had 4 of these in a week.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.