Your favorite Rice Krispies Treats combined with Cheez-It Crackers and Rolo Chocolate Caramels.
I don’t even know. I just don’t.
It all started with a bag of chocolate covered raisins, which then lead to a bag of Rolo Chocolates, and because I thought I needed to add some saltiness to my junkapalooza, I ate half the bag of Cheez-Its.
Now, we know what I did with the raisins… made us some Oatmeal Chocolate-Covered Raisin Cookies, of course.
But, when a baking/cooking binge starts, I can’t just stop at cookies. My hips wish I would, however my heart tells them to shoooosh!
Thus, following my heart, I had to make us these all-grown up, taken up to the next level Rice Krispies Treats with Cheez-It Crackers and Rolos. All because that’s how we roll-o! <— I make funny, you no laughy… 😉
You know, my husband thought all the bags of chocolates and caramels were for Halloween… I literally laughed in his face. Dude. Have we met?! I buy Halloween candies on the day OF. What comes before that day is for
me us to enjoy!! And the blog… the blog needs some candy-lovin’, too.
I made two batches of these lovelies. That same night they were promptly demolished. Then the next day, when I should have been doing my usual cleaning and laundry, I had to make one more batch because I had promised my dad some awesome snack-food for his road trip to Detroit.
He said he ate them all as soon as he crossed the border… that’s like 30 miles from here. That guy can eat. In case you’re wondering, which I’m pretty sure you are not, but I’ll tell you anyways… I get my foodie-love from my Daddy.
Finally, I had to make ONE MORE batch so that I could share it with you and a couple of friends that were coming by that night. This time I made the rice krispies in a 9×9 pan because I like ’em round and big… And when I’m throwin’ a gig, I just can’t help myself, I’m actin’ like an animal… I’m channeling Sir Mix-A-Lot…
What I meant to say was that I like them tall and SQUARE, and cut in half right before serving – they look like tall slices of cake.
If you want to stuff your face with sweet, chocolaty, salty amazing-somethings, please, please, please you have GOT TO make these. GOT TO!
Cheez-It Rolo Rice Krispies Treats
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 2 cups unwrapped rolo candies
- 2 cups cheez-it crackers
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10-oz.) miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups chocolate chips , melted
- caramel sundae syrup for drizzling (optional)
- Combine rice krispies cereal, rolo candies and cheez-its in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Line a 13x9 pan with foil and grease with cooking spray; set aside.
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and pour over rice krispies mixture; stir until well coated.
- Using a buttered spatula press mixture into prepared pan.
- Let completely cool.
- Melt the chocolate and spread it evenly across the top.
- Drizzle with caramel sundae syrup.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes. (It's easier to cut if refrigerated)
- Cut into 2-inch squares and serve.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.