Banana Split No Bake Cheesecake – Graham Cracker Crust topped with a creamy cheesecake mixture, vanilla pudding, pineapples, bananas and whipped cream.
…Also known as the Cheesecake that feeds an army. Or a crowd of 20-some.
Hi, GUYS! Happy Monday! Happy 1st day of September! Happy Labor DAY!
WOW! We have SO much to celebrate!!
I’m stickin’ it to the 1st of September by posting the most Summery dessert, ever. In my defense, I had every intention to post this recipe waaaaaay before Labor Day so that you would have a chance to make it FOR Labor Day, but… I didn’t. It completely slipped my mind… too many White Sangria drinks… just kidding! Maybe?
Are you chillaxin’ today? I am! My plan is to wind down on the couch for several hours, or until Goce gets home from work. Working on Labor Day… isn’t Labor Day about NOT going to work?? Something’s not right. Or is it? I mean, Labor Day is kind of an oxymoron because we are essentially celebrating “work” by taking the day OFF from work! Ever think about that? Obviously, I do.
Anywho, after he gets home, I’m going to continue to relax because THE grill is his.
Also, remember that one time in college when you were asked to bring a huge banana split anything dessert to the huge-est block party?? And then, after everyone ate the whole darn thing, you were pissed off because you didn’t get a chance to try it?! GAH!
It was THIS Banana Split No Bake Cheesecake that I made, thanks to one of those KRAFT mags. I remember it had all the ready-to-go ingredients; from canned pineapples to refrigerated cool whip. It was the easiest, most delicious dessert I had ever made! I even used Jell-O Pudding Snacks instead of buying the instant pudding mix. I was too lazy to whip out one more mixing bowl. 😀
Since then, I have changed the recipe a bit, with most components made from-scratch, but it’s still just as delicious as the original, if not better. Better-for-you, that’s for sure! I even make my own vanilla pudding at times, but only when I am making a smaller batch for a crowd at home. If I plan to take this cheesecake to a potluck type party, I whip out the instant stuff because it’s A LOT quicker. Homemade pudding needs to chill a couple of hours before you can use it. THEN, the whole cake needs to chill another 4 to 5 hours before you can cut it… so that’s that.
If you have some time on your hands, like, starting right now, make this Banana Split NO BAKE Cheesecake – you’ll have an awesome dessert to bring to the grillin’ party later today!
- 2 cups finely ground graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 2 packages (8-ounces each) Neufchatel Cheese (French Cream Cheese), softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks (you can also use 1 (20-oz) can of pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 batch Vanilla Pudding (recipe to follow)
- 1 batch Vanilla Whipped Cream (recipe to follow)
- 3 fresh bananas , sliced into thin rounds
- chocolate shavings
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups whole milk
- 3 egg yolks , lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter , cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- (*Skip this step if using instant pudding - See my Notes at the bottom*)
- Place a mesh strainer over a mixing bowl, preferably a bowl with a spout; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt; whisk until combined.
- While whisking, slowly add in 1/4 cup of the milk; continue to whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the egg yolks and the rest of the milk.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until mixture begins to bubble, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and, using a rubber spatula, stir constantly, scraping the bottom and sides of the pan, until the pudding thickens and makes ribbons when drizzled over the surface; about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla extract.
- Continue to stir until the butter is melted and well incorporated.
- Pour the pudding through the previously prepared strainer.
- Transfer to a container and cover with plastic wrap, lightly pressing the plastic wrap over the pudding so to prevent skin from forming.
- Place in fridge and chill for 2 hours, or until set.
- (*Skip this step if using Cool Whip - see my Notes at the bottom.*)
- In a mixing bowl, combine whipping cream, vanilla, and sugar.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- When chilled, beat the mixture until stiff peaks form.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground crackers, sugar and melted butter; mix until well combined.
- Press mixture onto the bottom of a 13x9-inch glass dish.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In your mixer's bowl, combine Neufchatel Cheese, honey and vanilla; beat until blended and smooth.
- Remove crust from the freezer.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Arrange pineapple chunks over cream cheese mixture.
- Remove pudding from fridge.
- Add half of the Vanilla Whipped Cream to the chilled pudding; fold until combined.
- Using an offset spatula, carefully spread the pudding over the pineapples.
- Spread the rest of the Vanilla Whipped Cream over the pudding.
- Refrigerate for 5 hours.
- Arrange banana slices over dessert and top with chocolate shavings.
- Cut and Serve.
- Keep refrigerated.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD If you don't want to make pudding from scratch, you can also use 2 packages (3.4-ounces each) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix - make it according to the directions on the package. If you don't want to make Vanilla Whipped Cream from scratch, you can also use 2 cups Cool Whip, divided) Inspired by Kraft Vanilla Pudding adapted from Chow
WW SmartPoints: 5
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy