Banana, Orange, and Chocolate Truffles – Bite size, no-bake cookies, made with graham crackers, bananas, orange juice, nuts and chocolate.
Well this was a fun and eventful week!
We had a Kitchen Knives Giveaway to boot. Also, Good Cook’s Touch Treasure Hunt started this week! Then there was my Chicken Cashew Meatballs guest post, and finally, Pompeian’s contest for an all-expense paid trip to BlogHer Food ’13!
Can we just take a breath? Let’s absorb all this and have a stiff drink…I think a shot of moonshine might help me wind down.
Or a few of these Banana, Orange and Chocolate Truffles…
Okay. So. I know they’re not real truffles, but… You know… They’re round(?) (doesn’t that count?!)
It’s been ages since we talked about chocolate around here… like, a week, but still…in my time, that was ages ago.
I made these for my dad. He asked me to make him something sweet, with fruits and nuts, but without butter.
My response to that request? —-> Ummmm. Oooookaaaay.
Next thing you know I’m mashing a banana that’s completely black, grinding graham crackers and nuts, and hoping and praying that I didn’t eat that last XL chocolate bar…
Surprise surprise! I did eat it! At this point I’m sort of panicking, but keepin’ my cool.
..back to the drawing board.
and powdered cocoa it is.
A little warning about these babes – don’t try the mixture before you shape it. Seriously! You will eat it all and the “truffles” part will never happen. I’m speaking from experience… Yes, they are that good!
These little bon-bon thingamajiggers are the kind of thing that you sit down and eat mindlessly while watching an interview with New Kids On The Block!!! I was in HEAVEN!!!
…And it was 10 a.m. I should be ashamed. They were supposed to be for my Dad.
I had to make them again. For my dad. And for you.
Banana, Orange and Chocolate Truffles
- 2 cups ground graham crackers
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 overripe bananas , mashed
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup grated chocolate or cocoa powder
- Combine ground graham crackers, ground walnuts and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, combine bananas, orange zest, and orange juice.
- Slowly add and stir the banana mixture to the crackers mixture, adding just enough to moisten the dry ingredients.
- Cover bowl loosely with plastic wrap and set in fridge for 30 minutes, or up to an hour.
- Remove from fridge.
- Place grated chocolate or cocoa powder in a shallow plate; set aside.
- Shape cookie dough into bite size balls with your hands.
- Roll each cookie in chocolate or cocoa until completely covered.
- Set in fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. The longer they stand, the better they will taste.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
Featured at Create & Inspire
27 comments on “Banana, Orange and Chocolate Truffles”
These look awesome!! Pretty photos!
All the great things are in these truffles. Now tell me, what’s your secret to maintain your waistline? 😉 Seriously, both great savory and dessert dishes here. I’ll be trouble if I’m your husband. HAHAHA.