Baked Ravioli – Flavorful Baked Ravioli made with layers of refrigerated ravioli and pasta sauce.
Oh, Hi! Know what? This. This Baked Ravioli is amazing!
By the ways, how long has it been since I last shared a baked pasta recipe with you?!
I seriously couldn’t live a week without baking some type of a pasta dish. Don’t get me wrong, boiled pasta with tomato sauce on top is great, but baked and layered pasta with sauce in between each layer is somewhat fantastic. Remember that Baked Eggplant Penne Pasta?! To DIE for!
But this one is different because there’s a MAJOR secret in this recipe. It’s huge…
I made it with… refrigerated ravioli! You know which ones I’m talking about? The Buitoni Ravioli. SO GOOD!
Now before your jaw drops to the floor about my frozen food choice, I should tell you that our (yours and mine), perception of frozen food is totally false. Do you know that frozen fruits and vegetables are in fact packaged and frozen at their peak?
Many frozen prepared meals contain fruits and/or vegetables which in turn can help you with meeting the daily recommended fruits and vegetables intake.
A study conduced by the Frozen Food Foundation and University of Georgia shows that Frozen Food has the same nutritional value as organic food and locally grown food. The science behind it is that flash, frozen food preserves all the vitamins and antioxidants that you get in fresh food. Pretty interesting, right? Looks like it won’t be too long before we all start venturing back to the frozen food aisle.
I had the chance to try a variety of frozen food products including; Lean Pocket, Marie Callender, Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, Buitoni, Bird’s Eye, and Green Giant.
For the recipe that I am sharing, I used the Buitoni Ravioli, and for our side dish, I prepared a bag of Bird’s Eye frozen vegetables. This is now our new weeknight favorite. Right here, right now. Nothing can change that. Ask the Hubs. He’s in love. Go pick up some refrigerated ravioli and prepare the Buitoni Ravioli in the oven. Aaaaand don’t forget to add some pasta sauce to it. You will be quite surprised at the intense flavor of this delicious dish.
To learn more about frozen food and the Frozen Food Foundation, make sure to follow the Frozen Food Foundation on Facebook and Twitter.
- 1 package (9-ounces) Buitoni Four Cheese Ravioli
- 2 cups pasta/tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce in baking dish.
- Arrange half of the frozen ravioli in single layer over sauce and top with 1/2 cup pasta sauce and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly
- Let stand a few minutes before cutting.