These easy Bacon-Wrapped Tex-Mex Hot Dogs are perfect for grilling in the summer. Loaded with bacon, salsa and avocado, these Mexican style hot dogs are sure to be a crowd pleaser!
These Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs Are Perfect For Grilling
Before I share with you the recipe for these incredible tex-mex hot dogs, I wanted to let you know that I was recently interviewed by Food Lovers Website and I would love for you to go and check out my conversation with Correen. You might find out a thing or two that you did not know about me! 😉
Now about those hot dogs…
On Memorial Day, apart from eating that delicious Frozen Mojito Pie, we also grilled a few things. Like these hot dogs.
I don’t think you can have a barbecue without hot dogs. Can you?
What Else Can You Put On A Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog?
I like hot dogs because you can dress them up anyway that you want; relish, onions, bacon, cheese, etc… It’s all up to you.
This time around I knew I wanted them wrapped in bacon because everything tastes better with bacon, but I wasn’t sure what else I was going to throw on there. You know…to make them more interesting.
I then remembered a hot dog stand I used to go to when I was in college and they served their hot dogs Mexican style – salsa, chile peppers, nacho cheese – the works. Their hot dogs were amazing. Especially after a long night of clubbing studying.
What surprised me the most about these hot dogs was how impressed everyone was by them. I didn’t think you can impress with a hot dog, but I guess I can, and all I used were the few things that I already had in the fridge.
Bacon-Wrapped Tex-Mex Hot Dogs
- 8 wooden toothpicks , soaked in water for 10 minutes
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 tablespoons sour cream , divided
- 1 avocado , cut into 8 slices
- 4 tablespoons hot or mild salsa , divided
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Wrap the bacon in a spiral around each hot dog, then secure the bacon with a toothpick on each side.
- Place the hot dogs on the grill and cook, turning once, until the bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the hot dog buns by spreading a tablespoon of sour cream on the inside of each bun.
- When the hot dogs are done, take out the toothpicks and put each hot dog into a bun.
- Top with 2 slices of avocado on each hot dog and a tablespoon of salsa.