These bars have been my go-to dessert since I decided to shape up and transform this figure of mine into a bikini bod. I even added an extra dose of healthy by throwing in an entire cup of oats. But then I paired it up with a big scoop of ice cream. I couldn’t help it! And I don’t believe in Fat-Free Ice Cream. No such thing. Don’t attempt to convince me otherwise! Earmuffs!!!
Also, I was super stoked to make these because I got a chance to use a few of my brand new Good Cook Kitchen Gadgets! I received a box filled with amazing goodies from Good Cook, and putting them to use is the only thing that I want to do!
Like these Mixing Bowls.
I can never have enough mixing bowls. These happen to be my favorite Touch product. Give me a deep, large, sturdy bowl with a spout, and that bowl and I will be BFFs for life!
Also, I finally have a “top view” measuring cup. Finally! I have an insane amount of measuring cups, and I am SO happy to add this one to the collection.
AND this citrus zester! It’s never been this easy to zest and peel a lemon.
What’s pretty awesome is that all these gadgets can also make it to your front door because The Hunt is still ON! Hop over to this Good Cook Touch Treasure Hunt post to find out more. There are $1000.00 in Good Cook Touch Products up for grabs!
I also have 2 (two) Good Cook Giveaways on the Blog; Good Cook Nonstick Kitchen Knives ($125.00 value) and this Giveaway for a 2-quart Batter Bowl. 4 winners will be selected for the Batter Bowl! Go and enter!
There’s also a 30% off instant saving on all Touch Items. Plus, get an extra 10% off with promo code: HUNT. Offer valid through May 21, 2013.
I wish I could also give away these apple bars… not! Okay…kidding. I’d loooove to send some your way, but until they develop tasteovision, you will have to make them yoself! And I hope that you will.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant!)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans , toasted
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 Granny Smith apples , peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a brownie pan, or any other square pan, with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir in oats, brown sugar, lemon zest, and pecans; mix well.
- Add in oil and apple juice; work it with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. If necessary, add more liquid.
- Press 2 cups of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Arrange apples over the mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining of the mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until apples are tender and top is golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares and serve.