This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Skinny Chicken Fettuccine with Alfredo Sauce: Thick and delicious, lightened up Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo made with a lighter Alfredo Sauce using Lifeway Kefir Cultured Milk Smoothie.
Weeeeell okay. I mean, if we muuuust talk about chicken today then so be it. It IS Sunday, after all. BUT, HELLLOOOOO we’re talking about CHICKEN FETTUCCINE ALFREDO! SKINNIFIED! (making-up words is a thing nowadays…) And sorry about the screams – I just want you to hear me.
Back in the day, when my bod didn’t recognize calories, I would go into Olive Garden and inhale a large plate of their Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. Then I’d sop up the remaining of the sauce with my breadsticks – I made sure to lick that plate clean. Now, I can’t even smell that beautiful alfredo sauce without gaining a few elbees. Un.Fair!
Thus, what started out as an innocent effort to make a healthier sauce, turned into a full grown, must-have, can’t live without Kefir Alfredo Sauce!
Also? Isn’t it funny how all these adjectives, such as, “skinny”, “healthy”, “good for you”, are totally subjective? I mean, we make one little swap in a recipe and it’s completely cool to just dub it as healthy. However, and here comes the big BUT … buuuuuut, this really, truly, 100-percently is “skinnier”.
The alfredo sauce is made with none other than Kefir!
Never mind that it’s only 90 calories per cup, but Kefir is packed with all great things that your healthy body needs; provides 11 grams of high-quality protein, it’s rich in calcium, and rich in those tummy-friendly probiotics. Plus, it’s 99% lactose-free!
Did you know that there’s about 500+ calories per serving in a good, old fashioned alfredo sauce? That’s JUST the sauce! Eeek! Can’t buhlieve I was able to eat that and not gain an ounce.
Lucky for me, and you, my Kefir-creation is less than half of that! In fact, this entire meal is about 500 calories per serving. We ain’t callin’ it “skinny” for nothing.
Also? At about 170 calories per serving, this creamy sauce is not just lighter, but it’s good for you, too!
And, while we’re at it – you know what else is good for you? Saving money! To help you with that, please hop over to Kefir and sign up for coupons!
To help you with dinner, please hit print!
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 8-ounces fettuccine pasta, cooked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup plain, nonfat Kefir
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- basil ribbons, for garnish
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the box; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in flour; stir until combined.
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth.
- Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens; remove from heat.
- Stir in parmesan cheese; stir until melted.
- Whisk in Kefir; whisk until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauce will continue to thicken as it stands. If sauce is too thick, add a little Kefir.
- Pour sauce over cooked fettuccine; mix until combined.
- Transfer to plates and top with previously prepared chicken strips.
- Garnish with basil ribbons and serve.
Thank you #CollectiveBias and #KefirCreations for sponsoring this post. All opinions are 100% my own.