Easy Roasted Green Beans – Tender, crisp, roasted green beans and onions, topped with parmesan cheese.
Hi, there! Happy Sunday!
Do you know what this is? THIS is Roasted Green Beans.
Yes, I admit, I don’t like green beans. Look around this site and you will find anything but green beans. However, and this may not work for you, but I find it that once I figure out a different way to prepare some of these foods (read: vegetables), I start to love them. It goes from ewwwww to lust!
It’s how I learned to eat brussels sprouts, too. This Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is one of the best side dishes, ever. I am obsessed with it!
So. I have to switch gears for a moment. It’s a request from the hubs.
My husband wanted me to mention a little something…
He wants me to let you know that I make him eat vegetables without clipping off the stems at the ends – and that I do all of that for the sake of better photos. To add, he also doesn’t like that I put his food in 100-year old metal pie plates.
Do you think that’s nasty? I do wipe them down after each use. I also wait to serve said food until he’s really hungry, because when you’re hungry, you don’t care what your food is served in – you just eat.
And, correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s not like you are going to croak if you eat some stems… served on a metal pie plate… that’s over 100-years old…
I think you should go and take out that package of green beans that’s been sitting around for ages… then you should roast those green beans and let them go down in history as your favorite side dish in the whole entire world!
Honestly, you are only some salt and pepper away from making this vegetable your favorite one, yet. Top with a bit of shaved parmesan cheese and you have found a new LOVE!
Roasted Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans , ends trimmed
- 2 small yellow onions , thinly sliced
- sea salt , to taste
- freshly ground peppercorns , to taste
- olive oil
- parmesan cheese , optional
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Line baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Combine green beans, onions, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a large mixing bowl; toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the green beans on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally for even cooking.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- Top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.