I can only imagine the chaos every Christmas Dinner hostess/host is faced with on this beautiful Sunday. There’s two days left. Two! Some of you are probably hosting a Christmas Eve Party, as well, and you have just a day. One day.
On top of all that, you have to deal with those questions in your head that won’t leave you alone; do I have enough, do I need more ham, can I get away with two desserts, the MIL better not try to get away with store-bought pie… So many thoughts, so little time.
Go ahead, take a sip of that spiked apple cider next to you…
I wanted to help you out with a side dish of Roasted Brussels Sprouts. An extra side dish is one of those things that you always need plenty of, but have a hard time figuring out how to make it different.
I was first introduced to brussels sprouts at my aunt’s Christmas Dinner few years back. They were steamed and seasoned with salt and pepper. I didn’t fall in love with them right away. Sadly, it took me a good ten or twenty tries before I finally said, oh yeah, gimme more.
The secret to finally falling in love? Bacon. And the oven. That’s it.
Lesson(s) learned: Roasted veggies rock. Bacon makes everything better, and Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon are my absolute favorite side dish.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 1- pound fresh large brussels sprouts , washed, cut in half, brown ends cut off
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon , diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl; toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the brussels sprouts on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally for even cooking.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.