Wow, people…. wow!
Super Bowl just happened. That was nuts! I had to walk away for a moment after that second touchdown by Baltimore. I could not believe it! I also can’t believe they won! Congratulations, Ravens! I felt so bad for the 9ers…
Hey, what about that power outage? LOL! I thought that was funny. Someone forgot to pay their bill. At that moment, I turned away from the TV and walked straight toward the food. I lost myself in a sea of wonton chips, tacos, potatoes… and loud people…very loud people. My ears are still ringing. But still, it was glorious, wonderful and delicious.
I hope you also had a wonderful time. And I also hope that your team won. Mine didn’t. Well, mine didn’t even make it to the Super Bowl, but we won’t talk about that… We should just discuss chocolate cake, instead.
I’m about to turn your attention to the next big day – Valentine’s Day. Okay, so it’s not as big as Christmas Day or the Super Bowl, but it is a day where you are allowed to eat a ton of chocolate! And a day that calls for a ton of chocolate is a big day!
First in line, a Quick Cherry and Chocolate Cake! This cake is quick, red and delicious… and quick. It also comes from a Box. Yaaaay for boxed cakes when you need a quick cake!
The very first time I made this, I made it for my Mom. She loves anything with cherries. After taking her first bite of this yumminess, she told me to call it, “The NOM and YUM Cake”. She described it as light, sweet, and cherrylicious. Sounds like a cupid-worthy cake to me!
If you have a few minutes to spare, throw this cake together and serve it to your sweetheart(s). Or yourself. I had 3 slices… no joke. Don’t judge!! I really like my cake! ;-D
- 1 box (16.25 ounces) white cake mix
- 2 cans (21 ounces per can) cherry pie filling, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup canned evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan and line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix, 1 can cherry pie filling, eggs, oil, and vanilla; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pan and bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow cake to completely cool before frosting.
- Combine chocolate chips, evaporated milk, butter and vanilla in microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and continue whisking until smooth.
- Spread it over the entire cake.
- Top the cake with the other can of cherry pie filling.