This past Sunday a fellow food blogger, Jennie Perillo, host of In Jennie’s Kitchen, lost her husband to a massive heart attack. It was sudden… without a warning.
My heart aches for her and her girls, and words cannot express how sorry I am for their loss. They have been in my prayers every day since the tragedy.
Despite the fact that I, and many others, don’t know her personally, all we wanted to do was help her in any way possible.
But she had only one simple request; make a Peanut Butter Pie for Mikey and share it with your loved ones. She reminded us that tomorrow’s not a guarantee – seize the moment, and don’t wait to say I Love You.
Jennie, may your strength prevail to help you through this difficult time, and may there be comfort in knowing that someone so special was and will always be a part of you. Our heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family.
Peanut Butter Pie for Mikey
You will need:
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- 8-ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (9-inch) prepared graham cracker crusts
- In the bowl of your electric mixer cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Set the mixer to low and add in the peanut butter and milk; mix well.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Spoon into two 9-inch graham cracker pie shells; cover and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.