Simple to make, yet incredibly delicious roasted red potatoes tossed with parmesan cheese, garlic, and fresh thyme.
Hiiiii! Happy Sunday! How was your weekend? Did you do anything?! I went out with my friends and had A margarita… just one. These days all it takes is just 1 margarita, and I’m out. I was beginning to slur my words after the third sip. I can’t hang no more! Waaaaah! This getting older thing is kinda annoying. Whatever. Did you hear? Today is the last day we get to “enjoy” the Olympics! (secretly excited!) Oh, come on! It’s on 24/7 in this house! God forbid my husband misses a ski jump. Gah! Darn satellite/cable/smartphone/internet! Seriously. I think I can finally qualify to be a judge in ski jumping, figure skating, snowboarding, curling (what the hell is that?!), even hockey. But, I guess we are here to talk about potatoes. I figured it’s finally time to eat some potatoes, again. I mean, it’s been like a month since we last talked about those Garlicky Cheesy Crispy Potato Skins. Hmmm…looks like they also were garlicky and cheesy… I might have a slight obsession with cheese and garlic, but what better way to eat potatoes than with lotsa garlic, and parm cheese, and thyme, and parsley, and love! “Love” is the secret ingredient. Always. If you’ve been with me for a while, you know that I’m a fan of potatoes, but my fave potatoes are always the little red ones. They’re the bestest. You can try to tell me otherwise, but there’s nothing better. So, when I set out to make these for zee bloggy, I had to go with my favorites. This flavor is unreeeeeal. I mean, I know that you have had (most likely?) roasted potatoes before, but you haven’t had them quite like this. They’re incredible! But, before you hop on outta here to jump into your kitchen, please don’t forget to scroll down and enter to win a $100 Target Gift Card! GOOD LUCK! ENJOY!
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste (use at least 1 teaspoon salt)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine quartered potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic, fresh thyme and grated parmesan cheese; toss to coat thoroughly.
- Transfer potatoes to previously prepared baking sheet and spread out into 1 layer.
- Roast for 45 to 50 minutes, or until browned, turning 2 or 3 times during cooking to ensure even browning.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley.
- Season to taste.