Onion Rings – These delicious Onion Rings have been deemed THE BEST by everyone that has tried them! Dipped in a perfectly seasoned batter, they are incredibly tasty, super crunchy, and we can’t get enough of them!
Happy Hump Day, guys! What’s goin’ on? How’s your week so far?! I hope all is well with everyone! Nothing too crazy is happening over here… I might have somethin’ more exciting for you by Friday. But, on the flip side, we can discuss THE BEST Onion Rings, ever?!? Is that cool? Let’s start here. Remember that one time when we were 14, back in like 1993-ish…4-ish? Maybe it was 1992… whatever. And remember how we got into mucho trouble because we went out and stayed at Denny’s until about midnight?? Aaaaand we lied that our driver, also known as someone’s parent, forgot about us?? Such rebels. And liars! …but, those were the dayz… when you and I rolled in the hay…z. Oh. That wasn’t you? My bad. Denny’s was the place to be, afterhours, when I was totally underage and not allowed to go out. But, I totally didn’t listen and kinda snuck out to discuss all current affairs (read: gossip) with much older people and eat a basket of Onion Rings – the real reason for my midnight-excursion. Them Rings are un.flippin.be.liev.able. Dip ’em in Denny’s own buttermilk ranch, and I’m pretty much in food-heaven. The secret to their Onion Rings is – get this – in the batter! Duh. It’s not like I thought there was these “special” Denny’s onions growing on the side of the road or anything… Anywho. One of the waiters at Denny’s told me that the secret ingredients are, a) milk and b) lots of black pepper. Um. Oooookaaaaay. “Can’t tell you no more. This is all I’m allowed to say.”, he explained. Then I never saw him again… After playing around with his suggestions and adding in a bit of my own sizzle, I *think* I make THE BEST Onion Rings! Gurrrrl, there’s a good dose of Old Bay in there – that right there should tell you that these things are damn-good!
Not sure if this fits into your Wednesday night dinner-plans, but why not!? Cut up the onion, drench it in some batter, fry it for a few minutes and TaDa! Easy Peasy.
- 2 cups canola oil
- 2 yellow onions , sliced into 1/2-inch slices and separated into rings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 cup milk
- Line a plate with paper towel and set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large frying pan or saucepan.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, pepper and Old Bay Seasoning; whisk to combine.
- Place milk in a small bowl.
- Start by dipping Onion Rings in flour-mixture then in milk, and back into flour-mixture.
- Carefully drop about 6 onion rings at a time in hot oil.
- Cook for 3 minutes; flip and continue to cook for 1 more minute, or until golden brown.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove Onion Rings from oil and transfer to paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Serve with Ketchup and/or Ranch Dressing.
Recipe NotesRECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
DON’T FORGET TO CLICK AROUND AND FIND YOUR NEW FAVORITE RECIPES!!