Even after all that turkey for last week’s Thanksgiving, I’m still talking about turkey! I can’t help it though, it’s the only time of the year that I have so much turkey to deal with. Yesterday was Stuffed Peppers with Turkey, today it’s going to be about Turkey Patties! These are seriously delicious. I change them up all the time, but I always go back to my original recipe; mozzarella and mushrooms – marriage made in heaven!
You will need:
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 4 fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
For the sandwich:
- 2 slices of Honey Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard, divided
- 1 slice of Fat-Free Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 slice of tomato
- 1 leaf of lettuce
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Put all of the ingredients into the ground turkey and mix well with your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 4, and form 4 patties.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, spray with non-stick cooking spray, and arrange the patties.
- Put in the oven for 10 minutes - flip to the other side - and back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Get two slices of Honey Whole Wheat Bread and spread 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard on each slice.
- Build the rest of the sandwich with a slice of fat-free mozzarella cheese, lettuce, tomato and the turkey patty.