Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins – Soft, tender and sweet, this recipe for Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins is perfect for a lunch box or an after school treat!
Warm muffins with chocolate chips! LOVES IT!
A cup of coffee + that entire batch of muffins = my happiness!
Hey Hey Hey! Guess what I’m doing? Thinking about back to school stuff AND packing up my suitcase. Tonight is our last night here in Macedonia and tomorrow morning I will be on a plane, back to the good ol’ US of A. As you know, I hate flying, so, uhm, pray for me. Hate = fear. Fear = stuck to my seat for 18 hours. Ugh!
But you guys… our time here has been way beyond awesome and fun and incredible. I am going to miss it so, so much!! However, school starts in a week which means I need to get meself back home and these kids back on the bus. YES! 😉 A few dozen of these muffins should help us with getting back in the game asap.
A word about these treats. A handful of these makes for a perfect snack. In all honesty, I could make a meal out of ’em. They beg for one bite grabs every time you walk passed the kitchen counter. Dare I say they remind me of Costco’s muffins. In fact, couple years back, I used to make muffins for a local coffee shop and they themselves dubbed MY muffins recipe as a copycat of Costco’s. Tootin’ my own horn? Yes, I am.
I have two to three different muffins recipes that are my go-to, so I made a few different batches for, you know, recipe research and stuff, and I settled on this recipe because it’s,
2. chocolate chips!
4. the little ones running around my legs and tugging on my clothes thought that these were the best.
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for fresh new content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line 2 mini muffin pans with paper liners or grease muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in brown sugar; mix well and set aside.
- In your mixer's bowl beat eggs until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add milk and vanilla; continue to beat until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk in half of the flour mixture into the milk mixture.
- Whisk in the rest; continue to mix until well incorporated.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 1 minute before transferring muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe NotesRECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD