I really wanted to call these rounds of potatoes, Chips. I know they aren’t chips-chips because the potatoes are not crunchy, but they look like chips. And if I ever had to tell you what my favorite potato chip flavor was, I would say Loaded Baked Potato Chips.
Ever think about that; what would be your favorite chip flavor? But, like, one that is not out there, yet. I would pick Roasted Red Pepper (Ajvar) and Loaded Baked Potato. Do these two flavors already exist in chip form? They might. I’m not a chips-person. I like popcorn and pretzels. However, I would totally become a chips-person if those two flavors made their way to mah belly.
So, Loaded Baked Potato Rounds it is.
I love these little nibbles. They often make their appearance around here, especially on those big game days; Super Bowl, World Cup, Real Housewives of Wherever Reunions, etc.
This is a delicious snack that comes together in all of 30 minutes. A bit of bacon, some cheese(s), salt and pepper, and sometimes I even throw in some green onions or garlic. 10 or 12 minutes in the oven, and we are game. Done. Ready to
attack eat. I also like to serve them with a side of sour cream sometimes. But that’s only on those days when I look thinner. Or maybe I look thinner because of my yoga pants, but whatever.
- 4 medium sized red potatoes or new potatoes, washed, sliced into thin rounds, about ¼-inch thick (I use a mandolin to cut even rounds)
- olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground peppercorns
- 5 or 6 strips of bacon, cooked until crisp, crumbled
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil, grease lightly with baking spray and set aside.
- Put the sliced potatoes in a pot filled with water and bring to a boil; cover and continue to cook for 3 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Place the potatoes on the baking sheet.
- Brush the potatoes with olive oil and season with sea salt and fresh ground peppercorns.
- Layer the bacon pieces and cheeses on top of each potato slice.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with a side of sour cream.
I’m linking this up with Tidy Mom’s I’m Lovin’ It Fridays Party