Lemon Shrimp and Spinach Spaghetti – A quick, one skillet pasta dinner with spaghetti and shrimp tossed in a spinach mixture with tomatoes, garlic, and lemon juice.
Happy Sunday, YOU! Are you enjoying your long weekend? You must be. I see the internets has been kinda quiet deez dayz.
Well, I didn’t really SEE it. CNN told me about it. They also said you were all going way-away to have fun. Lucky people!
I’m just gonna chill here in good ol’ Indiana and wait for everyone to come back. You can find me in my backyard, grillin’ and stuff. Just kidding. I’ll be back there, catching some rays and sippin’ on gin and juice. Err… I mean, sippin’ on coffee. And stuff.
Also? Not to sound too cliche or anything, but weather-talk is about to happen.
SUMMER finally decided to show up again around these parts. We went from cold, rainy days, to hot as hell, rainy days. We went from snacking on Pumpkin Spice Latte Bundt Cake last week to cooling down with Cucumber Mojitos last night.
While we’re on the subject of summer, it’s been a long time since I’ve had a good ol’ shrimp pasta dinner.
I bought about 10 pounds of shrimp the other day and, as a warning, you might see these boys pop up here and there, throughout the week.
I feel like all I ever show you is pasta. Carbaholic? Maybe.
Buuut, if you’re anything like me, pasta dinners are awesome! I mean, it’s easy, it’s DELICIOUS, it’s quick, and it’s versatile. AND if you stick to the serving size, it’s a healthy choice. YES it is. You can also switch to whole grain pasta and make it healthier by taking in some of that extra protein and fiber.
This Lemon Shrimp and Spinach Spaghetti is roughly around 420 calories per serving. ‘Tis why it is my new weeknight favorite! Weeknights/days are for calorie-counting. Weekends are not. I know it’s Sunday, but I’m prepping you for Monday.
Which reminds me! Does this fall in the Meatless Monday category? There’s shrimp in it. They’re meaty.
Before I go off on another tangent, let’s focus on the recipe and hit print.
Lemon Shrimp and Spinach Spaghetti
- 8- ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1- pound shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves , chopped
- 2 stalks green onion , chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes , halved
- 3 basil leaves , thinly sliced
- 1 whole lemon , juiced, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 bag (10-ounces) baby spinach
- Cook spaghetti according to the directions on the package; set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add shrimp, garlic, green onions, tomatoes and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper, and add half of the lemon juice.
- Continue to cook for 5 minutes, or until shrimp is pink and tomatoes are tender.
- Add spinach and the rest of the lemon juice.
- Continue to cook for 1 more minute, stirring frequently, or until spinach is wilted.
- Add cooked spaghetti and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.