This recipe was originally published on August 31, 2014, and updated with new photos and content on July 23, 2017.
Lemon Shrimp and Spinach with Spaghetti – A quick and absolutely delicious spaghetti dinner tossed with shrimp, spinach, tomatoes, garlic, and lemon juice.
Happy Sunday, YOU! Are you enjoying your long weekend? You must be. I see the internets has been kinda quiet deez dayz.
Well, I didn’t really SEE it. CNN told me about it. They also said you were all going way-away to have fun. Lucky people!
I’m just gonna chill here in good ol’ Indiana and wait for everyone to come back. You can find me in my backyard, grillin’ and stuff. Just kidding. I’ll be back there, catching some rays and sippin’ on gin and juice. Err… I mean, sippin’ on coffee. And stuff.
Also? Not to sound too cliche or anything, but weather-talk is about to happen.
SUMMER finally decided to show up again around these parts. We went from cold, rainy days, to hot as hell, rainy days. We went from snacking on Pumpkin Spice Latte Bundt Cake last week to cooling down with Cucumber Mojitos last night.
While we’re on the subject of summer: I bought about 10 pounds of shrimp the other day and, as a warning, you might see more shrimp recipes pop up here and there, throughout the month.
Buuut, if you’re anything like me, spaghetti shrimp dinners are awesome! I mean, it’s easy, it’s DELICIOUS, it’s quick, and it’s versatile. AND if you stick to the serving size, it’s a healthy choice. YES it is. You can also switch to whole grain pasta and make it healthier by taking in some of that extra protein and fiber.
This Lemon Shrimp and Spinach with Spaghetti is roughly around 340 calories per serving. ‘Tis why it is my new weeknight favorite! Weeknights/weekdays are for calorie-counting. Weekends are not. I know it’s Sunday, but I’m prepping you for Monday.
Before I go off on another tangent, let’s focus on the recipe and hit print.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Lemon Shrimp and Spinach with Spaghetti
Lemon Shrimp and Spinach with Spaghetti - A quick and absolutely delicious spaghetti dinner tossed with shrimp, spinach, tomatoes, garlic, and lemon juice.
- 10 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic , chopped
- 2 stalks green onion , chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes , halved
- 3 basil leaves , thinly sliced
- 1 whole lemon , juiced, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 bag (8 to 10 ounces) baby spinach
- Cook spaghetti according to the directions on the package; set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add shrimp, garlic, green onions, tomatoes and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper, and add half of the lemon juice.
- Continue to cook for 5 minutes, or until shrimp is pink and tomatoes are tender.
- Add spinach and the rest of the lemon juice.
- Continue to cook for 1 more minute, stirring frequently, or until spinach is wilted.
- Add cooked spaghetti and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
WW SMART POINTS: 8