Honey Garlic Chicken and Vegetables Rollups – Quick and easy chicken breast rollups stuffed with colorful vegetables and cooked in an amazing honey garlic sauce.
HELLO, my dear internet pals! HAPPY MARCH! For us, it came in loud and proud last night, with winds and tornadoes and thunder and storms… it was uh-gly! Thank goodness the house is still standing. Nothing like wind shaking up the house at 1 am with 2 little girls screaming their heads off, exorcist-style… I think that was worse than the loud sounds of nasty weather.
In the food world, though, I’m shaking things up with all that 50 pounds of chicken I bought from a local farm. I was planning on only 20 pounds, but the farmer knew how to negotiate (read: force me) to buy double that + more. Thus, I really hope you loooove chicken. Please?
This delicious thing comes to us via the hundreds of comments on my Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken recipe. Those comments include;
- can I have some vegetables in there?
- how about cooking this in the oven?
- do you know how much sodium there is in soy sauce?!?
- why chicken thighs!?!? EWWW!
Sooooo. TA-DAHM! All of the answers to those questions can be found in this ONE PAN Honey Garlic Chicken and Vegetables Rollups!
Do I hear an applause?!? Why, THANKS, friend!
Here’s how we gonna do dis.
You will either pound down the chicken breasts to a 1/4-inch thickness, or cut them to a 1/4-inch thickness, OR buy them already cut and ready for your project.
We’re also going to need some colorful bell peppers, carrots, green beans, and snap peas. Those guys will end up rolled into the chicken and secured with a toothpick.
While all that browns in a pretty little pan, you’re going to prepare the wonderful sauce that’s going to take this chicken from meh to yeeeeh!
Once that sauce is added to the pan, we will transfer it all to the oven and let it finish up its thing.
If you have sesame seeds on hand, toast them up and sprinkle them over each rollup. That’s the best idea.
And that’s how this Honey Garlic Chicken and Vegetables Rollups story goes!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 colored bell peppers cut into thin strips
- 2 carrots , halved and cut into thin strips
- sugar snap peas
- green beans
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup low sodium ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut chicken breasts in half and pound to a 1/4-inch thickness.
- Top chicken with a small handful of the prepared vegetables.
- Roll up the chicken, wrapping tightly, and secure ends with toothpicks.
- Heat olive oil in a stovetop AND oven safe large skillet.
- Add prepared chicken breasts to hot oil and cook over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes, or until lightly browned on all sides.
- In a mixing bowl combine minced garlic, honey, liquid aminos, ketchup, and oregano; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Remove chicken from heat.
- If you have some extra prepared veggies, arrange them around the chicken.
- Pour prepared honey garlic sauce over chicken.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes; remove from oven, flip the chicken over, and return to oven for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with parsley and sesame seeds.
- Serve with brown rice or quinoa.