Hawaiian Baked Chicken: Marinaded in a garlicky-pineapple juice mixture, this is the most flavorful chicken you will ever make!
Hey, Friends! Happiest of Sundays! Hey, DADS! HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!!! How are you, guys? What’s goin’ awwwn?? Did you hit up any festivals over the weekend? Wanna know what I did? Um, I went to Corn Roast 2014! I live in Indiana – everything is about the corn around here. And what delicious corn we have… sweet, juicy and crunchy. Loved it! So, hey, look at this! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!! Again! But, I mean, are you surprised?! Matter of fact, dinner is always about the chicken. The most versatile piece of meat! I can’t get enough of it. I’ve said it before – chicken is the only reason why I haven’t gone the vegetarian route. It’s the only thing I can’t do without. Sorry, chickens. I ♥ You!
Know what this chicken needs? MORE pineapple chunks! Can you guess just how many cans of pineapple chunks I have at home? I’ll tell you, anyways. TWELVE. Aaaand why do I have 12 cans of pineapple chunks? Because they just sit on that Lazy Susan, always waiting for the next time that I decide to make this Hawaiian Baked Chicken. I like to call this ‘beachy’ chicken. Or summery chicken. Because, seriously? Pineapples on top of chicken are SO Summer! Which, by the way, Summer starts in 6 days! “Summer, Summer, Summertiiime, Time to sit back and unwiiiiind…” Fresh Prince 4evah! And Sunflowers perfume…
But besides my 90’s nostalgia… it would be in your best interest to make this pineapple chicken awesomeness. Trust.Me.
ENJOY your Sunday! ♥
Hawaiian Baked Chicken
For the Marinade
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 can (20-oz) pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
For the Pineapple Topping
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 can (20-oz.) pineapple chunks
- Lightly pound chicken just enough to even it out; do not pound it thin.
- In a large plastic ziploc bag, combine chicken breasts, pineapple juice, minced garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, and paprika.
- Seal bag and place in fridge for 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400..
- Lightly grease a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from bag and shake off any excess; discard marinade mixture.
- Transfer chicken to prepared baking pan; set aside.
- In a frying pan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add mustard, honey, and pineapple chunks; stirring occasionally, cook for 2 minutes, or until bubbly and fragrant.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon pineapple mixture over chicken.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Remove from oven.