People. Um. It’s June.
Are you saying what I’m saying? “What?! When? How?” I knoooow…what the!?
BUT, with June comes white-clothes season! YES!!!
Ahem… Please don’t forget to double check that those white pants you’re about to wear aren’t see-through. Go near a window and hold the mirror… do you see some dimple action? Or granny panties? Change your pants.
I’m just trying to help… 🙂
Hey! You know what else?! Grilling season is here! Among other things, that means that Moms can take a break because Dad is in charge of making dinner! SCORE!
And he needs to cut the grass. And buy the beer. Aaaand clean the garage…
I’ll give him one day off; Father’s Day! I’ll even prepare his favorite – these Grilled Lemon and Thyme Shrimp and Veggie Skewers!
These shrimp skewers are seriously fantastic. This is my favorite way to enjoy some shrimp poolside, backyardside, above the kitchen sinkside… you know how it is.
These skewers are the result of my favorite fish marinade. In fact, I don’t know how you do fish, or shellfish, without lemon, olive oil, and some fresh thyme. Ain’t nothin’ better. Buhlieve me!
I have to confess about the shrimp. Yeah. Those are from Wal-Mart. Precooked and all. The day you see me shelling shrimp, or anything else that can move, is the day that will never, ever come to be. Ewwwww!! Seriously, if I had to kill my own food, I would never eat. No way!
And going vegan is not an option because I will be hungry, forever.
So. Go and get some frozen, precooked shrimp and do me a favor; let the shrimp soak up this marinade for a good 30 minutes to 1 hour, in the fridge. In the meantime, fire up the grill and keep it at medium heat. Shrimp don’t likey to be burney, m’kay? Good.
- 1-pound frozen precooked shrimp, thawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 whole fresh lemons, juiced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground peppercorns, to taste
- cherry tomatoes
- button mushrooms
- 1 small zucchini, diced into ½-inch cubes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine shrimp, olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Toss bag lightly, and turn to coat; place in fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill.
- Remove shrimp from marinade. Reserve marinade for brushing.
- On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and vegetables.
- Grill covered, over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, turning once and brushing with marinade.
More Grilled Shrimp Recipes
Copycat Bonefish Grill Pan Asian-Glazed Shrimp from Iowa Girl Eats
Tequila-Orange Grilled Shrimp from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures
Grilled Shrimp and Corn with Creamy Lime Vinaigrette from A Spicy Perspective
Garlic and Rosemary Roasted Shrimp Skewers with Fuyu Persimmon from Kalyn’s Kitchen