I was really glad to see that this week’s Dorie assignment was not just an easy one, but a very familiar one, as well.
Slow-roasted tomatoes always appear on our dinner table as either a side to chicken or a topping for pasta.
These grape tomatoes were tossed in some olive oil and dressed with a whole lot of garlic, herbs, and some salt and pepper.
Dorie suggested that I use 1-2 garlic cloves…are you kidding? I’d be fired from this kitchen, Gordon Ramsay style, if I didn’t add in at least double that.
I then roasted the tomatoes in the oven on low temperature for 3 hours. Usually I roast them at 350 for about 45 minutes and they turn out the same. Just sayin’. 😉
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or thyme
- 2 cloves garlic , unpeeled and smashed
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place them cut-side up on the lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Slide into the oven and roast the tomatoes for 3 hours.
- Use the tomatoes immediately or cool them on the baking sheet.
- If not using right away, pack them in a jar along with the garlic and herbs; top with oil, and the tomatoes will keep in the refrigerator for a few weeks.