I made these Ferrero Raffaello Coconut Candy Balls for my friend Shea because she is one special lady.
Shea was one of the very first few readers to leave a comment on my blog some 7 months ago. She, and a few others, broke the ice, and I will never ever forget that. ((((Hugs))))
Today Shea has invited me to do a guest post on her blog, Dixie Chik Cooks!
Ferrero Raffaello Coconut Candy Balls
- 2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup chopped hazelnuts or almonds (I prefer the hazelnuts)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter , melted
- finely shredded coconut flakes to cover the cookie ball
- In a large mixing bowl thoroughly combine the graham cracker crumbs, coconut flakes, hazelnuts and powdered sugar.
- Stir the milk and melted butter into the dry mixture, and mix until everything is well combined.
- Cover and chill for one hour.
- Shape small bits of the dough into balls and roll them in the coconut flakes.
- Put the cookie balls in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- You can also store these for a few days in the refrigerator in tightly covered containers.
Total time includes refrigeration time.