Easy Peasy Strawberry Dessert – This dessert is SOOO easy to make! After only 5 minutes, you have yourself a delicious crowd-pleasing recipe!
I did not intend to post this Strawberry Dessert, but because of my daughter, and for my daughter, I am going to share it with the rest of you. It’s become her favorite, and today she deserves to eat a ton of it!
I recently mentioned that my daughter, Ana, ended up in the Emergency Room last week, two times within 12 hours because of a high fever. A few short days later we were back at Urgent Care and we learned that this could be more serious because after a few tests (poor girl – needles, tubes, catheters, etc.…), the results showed that, among other things, her blood count was off, and that her blood platelets were too low.
Needless to say, this past week I have been living on pins and needles. I haven’t slept, I haven’t worked much… I have just been sitting above her night and day – kissing her, hugging her, and praying.
Fortunately, those prayers were answered.
Yesterday we found out that it was only a nasty flu, and it was the virus that caused the platelets to misbehave. The results showed that her blood count is NORMAL!
You can imagine the relief I felt after that phone call – I cried like a child, I picked her up and kissed her from head to toe, twirled her around, and kissed her some more.
Parenthood is one heck of a job – it’s the most rewarding, fulfilling, and the bestestest job I have ever had.
- 4 ounces (half of 8 oz. package) Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup Strawberry Jam
- 1 cup Whipped Topping
- 1 cup sliced strawberries, divided
- In your mixer's bowl, beat together the cream cheese and the jam until well blended, about a minute.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping.
- In four ramekins spoon in half of the sliced strawberries.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the strawberries.
- Top with remaining strawberries.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.