I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and its client.
These Peanut Butter Marshmallow Magic Bars, or seven-layer bars, are a simple, no-fuss, one bowl easy dessert recipe made with graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, peanut butter, marshmallows, shredded coconut, butter and sweetened condensed milk.
Just so we’re clear – the word “magic” doesn’t mean that this cookie bar is going to make itself, m’kay? Cool.
What we’re dealing with here is a dessert recipe made with layers of awesomeness. 7 layers, to be exact.
I can hardly believe that I finally saved 3 of these bars to actually photograph. Normally we inhale these lovelies within minutes after they have cooled off. There was this one time where I didn’t even cut them into bars; my husband and I ate half of it straight from the pan. Good times! The hours on the treadmill thereafter? Not so good.
Few weeks before Christmas I visited Walmart and stocked up on just about everything you would need to make holiday cookies, cakes, and appetizers. But when you buy as much as a food blogger buys, you are left with a lot of leftovers. I am about to start begging the neighbors to borrow one of their freezer drawers.
This recipe for Peanut Butter Marshmallow Magic Bars utilizes the ingredients that I always have in my pantry. It is one of my go to easy dessert recipes when I have to finally use up a few of my everyday pantry staples, including all the Kraft products that are just begging to be used up asap! Or, as I previously said, after the Holidays when there’s a bunch of leftovers, like a half empty bag of Baker’s Shredded Coconut, 3.24 Baker’s Chocolate Squares, almost-empty peanut butter jar, and so forth.
This recipe needs a total of 7 ingredients, and since I have them all on hand, why not just whisk them all together and call it a day? Kind of cool, right? I truly appreciate it when I can throw everything in a pan and bake-up something incredibly delicious.
So. Are you going to make these or what? Read: one-pan dessert. That means; less to wash and more time to eat.
My magic bars are sweet, thick, chewy and soft. They are a bit different than the traditional 7-Layer Magic Bars, but they are seriously decadent. You will want to skip dinner just to have enough room to eat up most of ‘em, if not all.
- 1 stick butter
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 8-ounces Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate Squares, chopped
- 1 cup smooth Planters Peanut Butter
- 1-1/2 cups Baker's Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 cups Kraft Jet-Puffed Mini Marshmallows
- 1 can (14-ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with foil.
- Place the stick of butter inside pan and melt in the oven; about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over melted butter; spread evenly.
- Add chopped chocolate on top of graham cracker crumbs.
- Put the peanut butter in a microwave-safe dish and heat for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and spread it over the chopped chocolate.
- Sprinkle coconut over peanut butter and top with marshmallows.
- Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk evenly over pan.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Cut and Serve.
If you are looking for more ideas, please check out this Holiday Family Table with Kraft Digital Magazine: