Thank you, STAR FINE FOODS, for sponsoring this post! All opinions are always 100% my own.
Crunchy Broccoli Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette – Simple, healthy, easy to make Broccoli Salad with nuts, fruits and bacon! The delicious homemade Raspberry Vinaigrette brings it all together.
Hi Hi Hi!!! Happy Happy Sunday! How’s it going? Are you on a 3-day weekend getaway? LUCKY!
Also? Bam! Just like that (snapping my fingers), Memorial Day Weekend has arrived. That was fast. Like, half the year is almost gone. Wow…
To state the other obvious, right now I’m on a broccoli AND salad kick. Naturally, putting those two together had to happen at a certain point.
Besides, this is a good weekend for salads. You know why? Because tomorrow is Memorial Day and you need this darn good salad to bring to that family picnic.
I have made this broccoli salad at least 40 times in my life. Not exaggerating. I first made this popular salad way back in the days when I was trying to eat all things green, dipped in mayo and ranch dressing.
Hey. Transitioning from Mom’s amazing Kifli to green, crunchy broccoli isn’t always an easy feat, and the mayo made it somewhat bearable. I remember trying to rush my way through the little green trees before my brain had time to realize that we weren’t eating carbs anymore. Poor us. BUT we got through it!
Now, thanks to my awesome friends over at STAR Fine Foods, I get to share my little twist on this ever so famous salad without the mayo, BUT with more crunch, and a Raspberry Vinaigrette that is to die for! It’s just so good!
Oh my. This is SO fresh and pretty. And PINK! How can a green and pink salad with the most refreshing flavors not make you feel like you’re about to eat the best thing ever?
OK, OK, maybe not ever, but for sure today!
Truth. My husband doesn’t like this salad with JUST the raspberry vinaigrette. He makes me swirl in some yogurt. Well, he actually wants to swirl in some mayo, but this is my recipe so NO, he can’t.
BUT, I have to admit. His yogurt deal does add that needed bite. If you wanna be like him, go ahead and add that dollop of yogurt.
In my opinion, no matter how you make it, (as long as you make it my way 😉 ) the salad is most definitely delicious, beautiful, and totally fool proof with the bonus of creamy yogurt.
And you guys are like, yeah, duh. we need creamy! duh.
Invite your husband/child/wife/friend and share the salad-chopping duties. There’s no reason to freak out about not having something to bring to the Memorial Day picnic tomorrow.
AND! Please don’t forget to give thanks, to pay tribute and to remember those who gave their lives to protect this country.
STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil is available at retailers nationwide including Safeway, Kroger, Vons, Albertsons, Food 4 Less, Save Mart, Target, Walmart, Schnucks, Food Lion, Stater Bros., Raley’s, Smart & Final, Bashas, King Soopers, Vallarta, Jewel, Smith’s, Dierbergs, HEB and Ralphs and online at http://bit.ly/StarEVOO.
STAR White Wine Vinegar is available at retailers nationwide and online at STAR Fine Foods.
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Crunchy Broccoli Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
FOR THE SALAD
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup mixed dried berries (I used cranberries, blueberries and pomegranates)
- 1/2- cup roasted sunflower kernels
- 1/4- cup sliced almonds
- 4 slices bacon , cooked to a desired crisp and crumbled
- 1 small red onion , sliced
FOR THE RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE
- 1/2- cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2- teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons STAR White Wine Vinegar
- 6 tablespoons STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/4- cup plain , non-fat yogurt (optional)
FOR THE SALAD
- In a large salad bowl combine broccoli, dried fruits, sunflower seeds, almonds, crumbled bacon, and red onions; set aside.
FOR THE RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE
- Set a handheld wire strainer over a small jar or glass.
- Using a spoon, push the raspberries through the wire strainer to puree. Reserve the raspberry juice.
- Transfer puree to a small mixing bowl; stir in the raspberry juice, sugar, lemon juice, vinegar.
- Whisk in the olive oil until completely incorporated.
- Add salt and pepper; continue to whisk until well combined.
- At this point, you can also whisk in the yogurt, if using.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture; toss to combine.
- Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Stir before serving.
- If salad is a bit dry, stir in little olive oil or yogurt (if using) to moisten.
I have an ongoing working relationship with STAR FINE FOODS. Thank YOU for supporting the brands that make DIETHOOD possible! All opinions are 100 % my own!