Hi Everyone! I am here, somewhere. Traveling. I can’t wait to get to a place with Wi-Fi, or even a dial-up, so I can let you all know of my whereabouts and doings…
But, while I am away, enjoying my home country, some of my favorite bloggers will be sharing their amazing creations with you.
Hello Diethood Readers,
I am Sandra, author of Sandra’s Easy Cooking, website for simple and affordable meals. I am thrilled to be here and share one easy recipe with Diethood readers and followers.
When Kate asked me to be her guest while she is on vacation I accepted it right away. Her website is beautiful and full of great recipes, and every mom and woman can relate to her..but you already know that:))
The recipe that I would like to share with all of you today is rather easy and very delicious. Fresh ingredients and seasonal fruit.
Chocolate Fudge Brownies with Cherries and Cream
For the Brownies:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 (2 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup ground walnuts
For the Topping:
- 3 cups half and half
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Drop of Lemon juice
- Fresh red Cherries, pitted and halved.
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Cream 1 tablespoon of butter with 1 cup of sugar.
- Add eggs; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla.
- Melt remaining butter with chocolate; let cool.
- Beat the chocolate mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in flour, salt, and nuts; blend well.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 13 x 9-inch pan, or you can use parchment paper
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool in pan before cutting into small squares.
For the Topping:
- In a large bowl combine the half and half, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Beat the cream until stiff.
- In a small trifle or a dessert dish make a layer of brownies, top with the whipped cream, then pitted cherries. Continue with the layering until the bowl is full. Garnish with extra whipped cream and a cherry on top.
Enjoy, and I hope you have wonderful summer day!!!!
Thank you, Kate, so very much for inviting me to guest post today; It was a pleasure working with you!