Thank you, Pillsbury, for sponsoring this post and our Valentine’s Day Party!
Easy, yet elegant and delicious Chocolate Covered Strawberry Jam Sugar Cookie Tart made with refrigerated sugar cookie dough, topped with a layer of sweet strawberry jam and finished off with a rich chocolate ganache.
Do you find it annoying when people talk about the weather? I hope not, ’cause I’m about to do that.
Just hear me out.
About three weeks ago, I scheduled a Valentine’s Day Party for my kids and their friends. I postponed that party to a few days later… I postponed the next party, as well. And the next… I ended up postponing said party 4 times. Can you guess why?
Ladies and Gentleman, I have some news… Indiana and Antarctica have swapped places.
Seriously? Siberia has nothing on us and Antarctica is waaaay warmer. Plus, we are now at snow-day number 10,270. These kids will be in school throughout the summer, trying to make up all these missed days.
We better have a HOT summer.
By the way, do you love my tart as much as I do? I made this beauty for the Mommies that attended my Kiddie Valentine’s Day Party – the one that I thought was never gonna happen. We also sipped on Spicy Hot Chocolate Mocha and gossiped about The Bachelor. My point is that this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Jam Sugar Cookie Tart is so easy to make, you can do it even while entertaining your friends.
To add, as I was working on it, I came to realize that this tart is totally one of the best Valentine’s Day desserts. It’s fun, it’s elegant and it comes together rather quickly.
I love that this recipe starts with a tube of Pillsbury’s Sugar Cookie Dough. See? Already easy! No kneading, no pie crust making, no butter churning… The only things left to do are to whip up the chocolate ganache and spread the strawberry jam on top of the Sugar Cookie Dough Crust.
This Sugar Cookie Tart is PACKED with flavor – strawberry, chocolate, and sugar cookies all in one bite. You’re welcome.
It’s SO great when a dessert feels right and relevant.
My suggestion? You don’t have to slave over the perfect dessert for your Valentine. Go pick up some of that delicious Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough and make this amazing sugar cookie tart as soon as you can. You should also come back on Friday to see the rest of my Valentine’s Day Party photos and all the wonderful treats that I served.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Jam Sugar Cookie Tart
- 1 tube (16.5-oz) Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1-1/2 cups strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- strawberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a tart pan or pie dish with cooking spray.
- Press the dough to the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
- Bake for 14 to 18 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Spread the strawberry jam over the entire crust.
- Let completely cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the chocolate ganache.
- Place heavy whipping cream in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add mini chocolate chips; whisk until mixture is thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Spread over tart and set aside until ganache firms up.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries.
- Slice and serve.
More easy and delicious Pillsbury recipes: