Blueberry Banana Bread is the perfect breakfast snack to serve with your morning coffee or tea.
Ladies & Gents, before we get to this beautiful, extra-delicious, SUPERB Blueberry Banana Bread, I have an announcement… PSL is back!!!
NO, not Play Station Limited, as my husband thought… I LOL’ed for a few good minutes when I saw his face – he was dead serious.
But, no. We’re talking about the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks. It’s there!!
BUT! And this is just a thought, BUT I do have the recipe for it. Well, the recipe may not be completely “Starbucks-it”, however this Pumpkin Spice Latte homemade recipe is the best one yet. Scouts honor.
Okey, Dokey. Now we can talk about blueberries and bananas. And bread. Or cake. I think it’s as good as cake, and don’t know why it’s called bread, but hey, who am I to talk. I never went to culinary school nor pastry school. I just cook and bake. Aaaaand hope for good results. (My fingers are crossed the entire time that I have something in the oven… I SUCK at getting things right the first time around.)
Yet, I think this awesome banana bread was perfect on the first try.
Usually, when it comes to banana bread, I just throw things in there and pray for greatness. Like this Peanut Butter Banana Bread with Candied Bacon. I know. It sounds ridiculous, but it’s incredible! Elvis approved, eh?!
This time around I just went overboard and bought an insane amount of blueberries. I knew I could eat them all, but I had to make some of those Blueberry Sauce Crepes with Honey Whipped Cream, a few dozen Blueberry Lemon Muffins, and a loaf, or four, of this seriously delicious Blueberry Banana Bread. In all honesty, you guys, I couldn’t keep my hands off this bread. It’s SO GOOD!
All muffins are stuffed away in the freezer, and I have school snacks for at least a month! The banana bread kinda didn’t make it to the freezer – most of it is in mah belly! If you want to do the same, make this bread ASAP. I promise you will love it. It’s such a good snack, and it goes really well with your morning coffee or tea.
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Butter up a 9×5-loaf pan, sprinkle with flour and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla, and continue to beat until well incorporated.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold in mashed bananas and 1/2 cup flour; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining flour, ground cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold flour mixture into banana mixture until combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Invert onto a rack.
- Cut and serve.