Baked “Fried” Pickles with Peanut Butter Frosting Dip: Batter-crusted dill pickles baked in the oven until golden and crunchy.
Also known as a pregnant woman’s dream-snack!
A. No, I am not pregnant.
B. Don’t knock it until you try it.
C. A preggo beauty out there is thanking me at this very moment.
Is this totally odd? Are you walking in with a side of “what the?!?”? I mean, who in the world eats (Baked) Fried Pickles with Peanut Butter Frosting Dip??
ME! That’s who.
It all started with pregnancy #2. I remember craving pickles and peanut butter, together. When no one was watching, I was dippin’ that Vlasic pickle in a peanut butter jar like it was my last bite. Luckily, I can now share this pickle-peanut butter obsession with you!
It’s no wonder that child now eats ketchup with her slice of cake. She literally pours ketchup on her cake. Fingers crossed, it’s a phase.
When Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic approached me about joining their campaign for Savor Simplicity to celebrate life’s joys and share recipes, BBQ tips and summer entertaining ideas, I of course jumped at the chance, knowing exactly how I wanted to share my tips about the perfect baked “fried” pickles. Hint: It’s all in the cooking spray.
Though these are not cooked on the grill, they literally take 7 minutes to bake. Dipped in Peanut Butter Frosting (DO IT!) or even a bowl of cool Ranch Dressing (booooring), it will feel as right as it looks wrong. Trust.
You should also know that Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic launched the Savor Simplicity Sweepstakes, where all can enter for a chance to win a summer entertaining package valued at $1,500. Plus, entering the Sweepstakes unlocks a $1 coupon for Farmer’s Garden.
So, want to share your simple moments in life with me?! If you DO, in return I will pick 3 winners to receive coupons for free product and a Farmer’s Garden tote bag so you can try Farmer’s Garden this Summer season. Use the hashtag #FarmToJar in the comments to be entered to win.
Now let’s welcome some pickles to the table. Don’t forget the Peanut Butter!
- 1 jar Farmer's Garden by Vlasic Kosher Dill Spears
- 2 eggs
- hot sauce, to taste
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- cooking spray
- 4-oz. (half of a block) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and set a rack over the baking sheet; spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Drain and dry all pickle-spears with paper towel; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Place the bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Dip each pickle in the egg mixture, then roll the pickle in the bread crumbs.
- Place all the prepared pickles on the previously prepared rack.
- Lightly spray all the pickles with cooking spray.
- Broil for 4 minutes.
- Remove from oven; turn over all the pickles, lightly spray with cooking spray and broil for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In your mixer's bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar; mix until creamy.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla; continue to beat until smooth and well incorporated.
- Pour frosting in a dipping bowl and serve.