I don’t know what’s more exciting – this B.L.A.T. Omelette Wrap that you’re about to inhale, or the $100.00 Giftcard that I am giving away! I say BOTH!
Imagine how glorious your day would be if it started with eggs, bacon, and avocado. Just imagine.
Okay, so, yeah, most of your days do start with eggs…
Okay, how about this. What if it ended at 5 a.m., like it used to for me back in my heyday, with eggs, bacon, and avocado?
Aaaaah, now you know what I’m talkin’ about!
One of my favorite late night, after-clubbing hangouts used to serve this awesome BLT omelette, and I would order it every Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday night. Or morning. Whatever you prefer.
So when a reader (HI, MARISA! :-)) asked me to help her out with a recipe for a low carb brinner, I knew exactly where I was going to start. And end. At the B.L.A.T. Omelette Wrap.
I shouldn’t have to talk too much to convince you about how good this omelette is. Or this wrap.
Basically, this is just some eggs topped with an avocado spread, topped with lettuce, topped with bacon, topped with tomatoes. Easy! It all comes together in 20 minutes. Quickest brinner-breakfast-dinner you will ever make. And it can feed 4 of you. But you might have to double it, maybe even triple it… cause it’s that good!
What are you doing right now? Like this very second? Nothing?! Well! Get up and go fix dinner! I’m telling you, it will be done in no time, and then we can hang out and watch the Real Housewives of Wherever!
Yes, I am still a Housewives junkie. BravoTV junkie. Is there a help group out there? 😉
Before you go, don’t forget to scroll down and enter the Giveaway.
Oh wait! Before you do that, save this recipe! It will save your life!!! Okay, it’s not that serious, but still…
P.S. I hope you win the 100 smackaroos! Keeping my fingers crossed!
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 avocado
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 6 to 8 slices of thick bacon, cooked to a crisp, crumbled
- 1 tomato, sliced into thin rounds
- Crack eggs in a large mixing bowl; add mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Whisk the egg mixture until it turns pale yellow.
- Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed nonstick pan over medium-low heat.
- Pour a 1/4 of the egg mixture into the hot pan.
- Let the eggs cook for a minute, or until set.
- With a rubber spatula, push one edge of the egg toward the center of the pan, while tilting the pan to allow the rest of the liquid to flow in. Repeat until there's no liquid left.
- Gently remove the omelette and put it on a serving plate.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the egg mixture, using a ¼ of the mixture at a time.
- In the meantime, prepare the avocado spread.
- Scoop out the avocado into a small mixing bowl.
- Add salt and olive oil.
- Work the mixture with the back of a fork until smooth.
- Spread the avocado mixture on top of each omelette.
- Place a lettuce leaf over the avocado spread.
- Sprinkle bacon over salad.
- Top with tomato slices.
- Gently roll the omelette and cut in half.
Welcome to the A Night Owl June Sponsor Giveaway!
Today the sponsors and friends of A Night Owl are joining up to bring you an amazing $100 Giftcard to YOUR CHOICE of World Market, Target, Homegoods or Anthropologie! Wowza! I know I could spend some serious money in ANY of those fine retailers, how about you? Then what are you waiting for? Enter today via the Rafflecopter form below!
TERMS & CONDITIONS: Giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents ages 18 and over and ends at 11:59pm EST on June 30th, 2013. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. Number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Approximate retail value is $100.00. One winner will be selected. This is a giveaway sponsored as a group buy, which means the bloggers pooled their money together to purchase this product for you. All liabilities and responsibilities with product is directly responsible by World Market, Target, Homegoods or Anthropologie. Winner will drawn by random.org from all verified entries, contacted by email provided, and announced on this page at the end of the contest. Winner has 48 hours to respond or prize will be redrawn. Entrant is responsible for the email address they provide, whether through typing it directly or through the Facebook entry method. A Night Owl is not responsible for lost or misdirected emails. All prizes will be awarded. No prize substitutions allowed. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook and we hereby release Facebook of any liability. Information is provided to A Night Owl, not to Facebook and your information is never sold or shared. Facebook, World Market, Target, Homegoods or Anthropologie are not sponsors of this giveaway. Prize is mailed or emailed directly by Kimberly Sneed of A Night Owl and requires confirmation of delivery. Protected tweets do not count as an entry method for tweeting. Tweets must come from a public account. Bloggers in this group giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.