30-Minute Skinny Cashew Chicken – Delicious, lightened-up cashew chicken ready in just 30 minutes! And it’s soooo much better than take-out!
Hello thare, Friday! So extremely happy to finally meet up with you again, old pal. Thanks for bringing the weekend!
I’m talking to Friday.
And how are you, friends? All is well, I hope! And if it wasn’t, it should be by now ’cause, you know, it’s Friday. We can deal with whatever at this point. Including, skinny takeout fakeout. Or is it, take-out fake-out? Fake-out Take-out? Ah who knows! Grammar nazis are going to come after me no matter what. 😄😄😄
Her cookbook is nicely divided up into chapters based on the pot that you want to use. There’s One Baking Pan, One Saucepan, One Skillet, One Casserole Dish, One Bowl, One Dutch Oven, and finally, One Wok.
Super simple and convenient.
If there was ever a book that I could completely, 100% relate to, THIS is the ONE! My favorite meals always take 30 minutes and are done in just one pot. As Jo says, “Good food doesn’t necessarily mean you have to slave for hours in your kitchen to get dinner on the table… With a bit of prep work and a good pot, you can have yourself a great meal.”
TRUE DAT, JO!
Take this Skinny Cashew Chicken, for instance. We ❤ this extremely basic and wonderful copycat homemade meal. All we have to do with this is just cut up our chicken, chop up some peppers and throw it in the pot. Err. WOK! In the wok. I LOVE woks. They get things done so quickly and so deliciously.
If you’re a fan of cashew chicken, get on this, ASAP. You will go crazy over this dang easy, yet really delicious recipe.
In the meantime, also hop on over to AMAZON and get this book. You need it in your cookbook pile. Believe me. It will be the one you reach for almost daily.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- Serves: Serves 4
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 335
- Fat: 18.9
- Saturated fat: 3.9
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Sugar: 2.0
- Sodium: 678
- Fiber: 2.3
- Protein: 29.5
- Cholesterol: 65
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup organic, low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- ½ cup unsalted roasted cashews
- green onion, chopped
- cooked rice, quinoa, brown rice, or noodles, for serving
- Season chicken with salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Preheat a wok over high heat.
- Heat the olive oil in the preheated pan.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and starts to brown.
- In the meantime, whisk together the sesame oil, oyster sauce, soy sauce, chicken stock, cornstarch, garlic and rice vinegar.
- Add the bell peppers and onion to the wok and cook for 3 minutes, or until the onion softens and becomes translucent.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the chicken and cook for 3 more minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the cashews and green onions and toss everything together.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve over rice or noodles immediately.