granita titlewp White Grapes and Champagne Granita

Cheers!

It’s been some time since we’ve had a drink together. This is not a drink, but still. There’s a drink in it.

Since it’s the weekend of the Oscars, I thought this was a great time to share a recipe for one of my favorite, refreshing boozy desserts – White Grape and Champagne Granita. It reminds me of something Hollywood-ish. It’s the Champ in it that gives me the glamorous vibe.

Besides, I realized that I haven’t been the most reasonable this past week – tempting you with Carrot Cake Doughnuts and Coconut Milk Bars. To make up for it, I really should serve you something on the lighter side. Don’t worry, it’s still delish. You won’t even know that all you are eating is flavored ice.

I should mention this: Grapes in February = 6 bucks a pound!? Whaaaat? Bunch of crazies.

granita 4wp White Grapes and Champagne Granita

Back to the Oscars.

Are those actor-people real? They look too polished. And thin. Have you ever met a well-known actor?

I saw George Clooney once. He was up to my hip. Ok, he was a bit taller than that, but still. I expected a bigger man. Good looking face – I’ll give him that.

I am not a movie watcher. I don’t even know what/who is up for an Oscar, but I will watch it because I’m nosy. Also, I need something to talk about with whomever I run into on Monday. And because I want a reason to eat this entire dessert. Maybe I’ll even put on a long gown and light up a cigarette. icon wink White Grapes and Champagne Granita

granita 2wp White Grapes and Champagne Granita

Grab a bottle of good Champ and we can get drunk together.

White Grape and Champagne Granita

Total Time: 3 hours, 10 minutes

Yield: Serves 4 to 6

granita 5wp White Grapes and Champagne Granita

A refreshing dessert with pureed grapes, champagne, lemon juice, and sugar.

• 3 cups green seedless grapes (without stems)
  • 1/2 cup Champagne
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • green seedless grapes for garnish

• Puree grapes in food processor or blender.
  • Strain grape puree through a fine-mesh sieve set over a 13x9-inch baking dish, pressing solids with the back of a large spoon. Discard peel.
  • Add champagne, sugar, and lemon juice, and slowly stir until sugar dissolves.
  • Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 3 to 4 hours, or until frozen, stirring every hour.
  • Remove and scrape with a fork until fluffy.
  • Scoop into serving bowls and garnish with grapes.
  • Serve.

pixel White Grapes and Champagne Granita

18 Comments on this article. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Jean (Lemons & Anchovies) February 25, 2013 at 9:03 PM - Reply

What an elegant granita fit for an Oscar party–so beautifully photographed, too. :)

2. Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen February 23, 2013 at 11:32 AM - Reply

Kate! How do you do it? Another fabulous post that is easy to prepare but so tasty and impressive! Must make these for next special occasion…which really doesn’t need to be that special of an occasion, but just because. xo

3. Laura Dembowski (@piesandplots) February 23, 2013 at 7:44 AM - Reply

Granita is such a great dessert because it’s easy but so impressive. I love the texture of it. I’m a movie and award show junkie. Just watched Argo last night – it was fantastic! I hope to be able to go to the Oscars one day!

4. Toni | BoulderLocavore.com February 23, 2013 at 12:28 AM - Reply

Love this Kate. Simply beautiful and sounds delicious.

5. Valerie February 22, 2013 at 10:32 PM - Reply

Oh, yes, lets watch the Oscars together and get completely smashed on champagne and girly drinks. :D

This granita looks refreshing, and perky- naturally!

6. Ellen February 22, 2013 at 7:24 PM - Reply

You put the “champ” in champagne, hehe. This looks delightful. I’ll toast to the opportunity to open some bubbly!

7. Laura (Tutti Dolci) February 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM - Reply

I love a good granita. Yes please to grapes and champagne!

8. Ramona February 22, 2013 at 7:55 AM - Reply

Tom Cruise always comes to mind….he was bigger than life and then when I saw that he was only 5′ 7″… he became more human to me. He’s still a cutie. :) Love this frozen cocktail for the Oscars!! It will make those long speeches almost bearable. :) Have a great weekend. ~ Ramona :)

9. Gourmantine February 22, 2013 at 7:17 AM - Reply

Wow, these look great, perfect for fancy evening and a good ending to any dinner party. If I wouldn’t be hit by the worst cold ever, I’d love some of it! :)

10. Nancy R February 22, 2013 at 6:27 AM - Reply

Kate these pictures look fantastic! You are so good with the camera.
    Oh…..this grape/champ granita is making me salivate. This will go down extremely well with the summer heat we are experiencing Down Under. Good thing I have heaps of grapes at home right now. Gotta make this! :-)
    By the way……I too feel like I need to dress like “Old Hollywood” while indulging in this cool delight……….mind if I join you! :-)

• Katerina Petrovska February 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM - Reply

I want the heat wave you are experiencing!! It is SO cold here… and I’m dealing with Cabin Fever. :)