Panera 682x1024 Date Night at Panera Bread
The hubs and I hardly ever get to go out alone. We have a 3-year old and a 6-month old. Nobody, and I mean nobody wants to babysit kids that young for longer than 2 hours. At least not anyone that I know. My mom is great about watching the kids, but I know that if I am missing for longer than 2 hours, I am really pushing it.

Therefore when I received a questionnaire from DailyBuzz Food about visiting Panera Bread and trying one of their soups, I jumped at the opportunity. I knew that going to Panera with my husband would be the quietest hour in over 4 months. It would also be one very delicious, warm, and cozy experience.

Panera 2 1024x682 Date Night at Panera Bread
When we arrived at Panera Bread, we were greeted by the friendly clerk that almost immediately informed us that they were out of bread bowls. It was 7:30 on a Saturday night – we understand. But, I wasn’t there for the bread bowl; I was there to finally try their Tomato Soup. Whenever I go to Panera, I only order the Broccoli Cheese Soup. It’s so good. But, this time, for the sake of this experience, I wanted to try something different. I really am glad that I did.

I chose to order the “You Pick 2″ combination with a bowl of  their Creamy Tomato Soup and a Salad. This was my first time trying this soup at Panera, and I must admit that I really was missing out. This soup tastes like something that you would make in your own kitchen. It is creamy, a bit chunky, a bit spicy, and of course, delicious. The side of warm, fresh bread that comes with the soup just kicks the meal up a notch…or ten.

panera 4 682x1024 Date Night at Panera Bread
The entire ambiance was, in fact, a perfect ten. There was a warm fireplace, children with their parents enjoying a cup of soup, students studying for their final exams… Yet it was quiet enough for us to enjoy each others’ company and talk about our busy week ahead, and a recap of our day.

panera 3 1024x682 Date Night at Panera Bread
Many thanks to Panera Bread and DailyBuzz Food for this wonderful opportunity.

Be sure to check out the new Panera soup web site for more information.

50a51acff1babPaneraLogo Date Night at Panera Bread Date Night at Panera Bread Date Night at Panera Bread

Disclaimer: I was provided with a $10 gift card to Panera Bread, and  a stipend as part of the Tastemakers program from DailyBuzz Food. The opinions expressed are my own.

pixel Date Night at Panera Bread

11 Comments on this article. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. foodwanderings December 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM - Reply

Isn’t it the quickest and easiest meals one can have with two little tykes?! :) Packed with nutrition too. Happy Holidays Kate!

2. Lora @cakeduchess December 18, 2012 at 12:44 PM - Reply

Your Panera looks so lovely:) How nice that you had a date night:)Their tomato soup is really good:)

3. Stacy December 18, 2012 at 12:44 PM - Reply

What a great date night out with the hubs, Kate! I adore Panera and I REALLY LOVE Broccoli Cheese Soup as well as Creamy Tomato & Basil Soup. So happy you had some quiet time…out…alone…away…for a spell.

4. Meagan @ A Zesty bite December 18, 2012 at 11:18 AM - Reply

Oh wow your panera bread is way fancier than mine down the street. Love their tomato soup and I’m glad you had a good date night.

5. Kim - Liv Life December 18, 2012 at 10:27 AM - Reply

Awww!! We don’t have a fireplace at our Panera!! We do love Panera though, and we are lucky to have one 10 minutes in either direction. I find that I’m currently obsessed with the Turkey Cranberry Panini!
    I took my parents to a nice holiday shopping break at Panera with our gift card… I don’t get lunch with them very often, and it was a real treat.

6. I’m so glad that there isn’t a Panera closer to my house. I love their food. I’m glad that you and your Hubby were able to get out and enjoy a meal together too!

7. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts December 18, 2012 at 9:33 AM - Reply

I love Panera soup, I don’t go there nearly enough! Glad you got a night out with hubby!

8. Ramona December 18, 2012 at 7:44 AM - Reply

Cozy date night at Panera… congratulations on getting selected for this Tastemaker Program event. :)

9. Dijana December 18, 2012 at 6:24 AM - Reply

My favorite soup is tomato! I work next to one it’s dangerous,I had to pull back for awhile and control myself lol.

• Kate@Diethood December 18, 2012 at 8:42 AM - Reply

I used to have an office next to a Panera and one office next to Garrett’s … talk about dangerous!! :)

• Dijana December 20, 2012 at 4:44 PM - Reply

Omg Garrett’s?! That IS dangerous!
        Date nights are hard to come by with kids but are important! Glad you both got a chance to do so :-)