mousse cake 3 682x1024 Chocolate Mousse Brownies

Do you have a blog crush? Like a serious food blog crush? I do. In fact, I am crushing on a few food blogs right about now. My very first crush was on Simply Recipes way before I had a food blog. I then started to crush on a million others … I am still crushing on all of them. Especially those that have a lot of brownies in their recipe index.

I fall in love with one or two, or ten blogs at a time. My food blog crush, as of late, is on Une Gamine Dans la Cuisine. I think that means, A Girl in the Kitchen. I think. I took 4 years of French and learned almost nothing. Almost.

Valerie, the author, is way awesome. Way. She can bake, she can write, she can photograph… She’s also funny. In a sarcastic-way-funny. And she’s a NKOTB fan! Need I say more!?

Oh yeah, I do. I was going somewhere with this. She makes brownies!

chocolate mousse brownies title 1024x702 Chocolate Mousse Brownies

One day, while I was stalking browsing her blog, I jotted down this brownie recipe, gave it a day, and whipped it up. Um…whoa! It’s fab and fudgy. Only thing I did different was I added some chocolate mousse on top instead of ganache… Nothing against ganache. I love ganache! I just felt like eating Chocolate Mousse Brownies that day. It’s so good!

You should make these brownies ASAP!  You will definitely enjoy them as much as we did. These were polished off in less than a day, and that’s only because none of us wanted to look like a pig in front of one another. Otherwise, these babies would have been gone the moment I put them on the table.

mousse cake 4 682x1024 Chocolate Mousse Brownies

• 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Chocolate Mousse
  • 3 cups cold heavy cream
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cups cocoa powder
  • pinch of salt
  • Grated chocolate for garnish (optional)

• Preheat oven to 350.
  • Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with foil and grease lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
  • In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, brown sugar, melted butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla.
  • In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
  • Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until combined.
  • Pour the batter into prepared pan.
  • Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with few moist crumbs.
  • Place the pan onto a cooling rack and let cool completely
  • In the meantime, prepare the chocolate mousse frosting.
  • Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whip until mixture holds a stiff peak.
  • Remove the cooled brownies from the pan by holding onto the sides of the foil.
  • Spread the chocolate mousse frosting over the entire cake; cut into squares, garnish with grated chocolate, and serve.

pixel Chocolate Mousse Brownies

23 Comments on this article. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Anna Tan January 28, 2014 at 8:31 AM - Reply

Really wanted to follow this recipe through and through, but we had a pack of Ghirardelli brownie mix left in the pantry. I never really liked that mix coz it would always come out too sweet, so imagine my delight when I tried the chocolate mousse part of this recipe on these too-sweet brownies and found that it somehow toned them down! :) I just had to taste the brownies with chocolate mousse ASAP (yummy!), but I’m pretty sure they’re much better served chilled. Kudos!

2. Sarah June 27, 2013 at 12:21 AM - Reply

Oh wow…this looks so gorgeous and fudgy! I’m the huge fun of Chocolate Mousse Brownies, Definitely giving it a shot, looks great! I had featured U in the post of Here Are Seven New Ways To Make Romantic Chocolate Cakes For Fathers on AllFreshRecipes. Looking forward to ur newly recipes!

3. Kelly Anne December 28, 2012 at 7:08 PM - Reply

Nice recipe. I love a simple brownie recipe which is easy for the kids to help with :)
    I also like the below brownie recipe.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Kelly

4. Jayne December 17, 2012 at 9:06 PM - Reply

Mmmm… brownies with mousse. I already have a great go-to brownie recipe. It’s the mousse that I need right now. :-D

5. Ashley - Baker by Nature December 17, 2012 at 6:01 PM - Reply

These brownies need to appear in my kitchen asap! They’re utterly gorgeous!

6. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen December 16, 2012 at 5:51 PM - Reply

I am swooning over here. Swooning.

7. mjskit December 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM - Reply

It’s interesting because I didn’t know about food blogs until I started one! Now I’m hooked! I stalk lots and lots of blogs, yours being one of them. :) Love these brownies! Ooey gooey ones are the best kind!

8. Laura (Tutti Dolci) December 15, 2012 at 8:00 PM - Reply

These brownies look divine! I love the chocolate mousse :).

9. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen December 15, 2012 at 6:38 PM - Reply

Goodness that chocolate mousse frosting looks amazing!

10. Holly December 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM - Reply

Wow- what’s not to like! I could have taken any one of the three words in your title and been happy– chocolate–mousse–brownie– but all together they must be fantastic!!

11. Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking December 15, 2012 at 8:07 AM - Reply

i took 7 years of French and know nothing, well except maybe 10 words. I absolutely love Valerie’s blog and yours of course and these brownies look heavenly!

12. Nami | Just One Cookbook December 14, 2012 at 1:43 PM - Reply

I enjoyed visiting Valerie’s site and thanks for introducing another great blog! I love all kinds of brownies, but I realized I haven’t tried “mousse” one before! Looks so delicious!
    p.s. Kate, the ziplist plugin is not working and I see the plugin itself on your post (as if I’m editing the plugin in the post).

13. Valerie December 14, 2012 at 12:25 PM - Reply

*blushing* So far you’re my absolute favourite blog stalker! xo Your French is perfect, although, in this instance, scratch out the “girl” bit and replace it with hobgoblin. ;)

These brownies are gorgeous! I’m jealous of your fancy frosting.

• Kate@Diethood December 14, 2012 at 2:31 PM - Reply

That frosting is something I make when I want to grab a spoon and stuff my face with creamy chocolaty yumminess. It’s an instant high. ;-)

14. Yeah, I have several blog crushes. I’m writing on one of them right now. ;)

I’m not a big fan of ganache (way too chocolaty for me), but I could handle a brownie topped with mousse. That sounds divine!

15. Meagan @ A Zesty bite December 14, 2012 at 10:04 AM - Reply

Love these brownies and they look so moist.

16. Nancy/SpicieFoodie December 14, 2012 at 10:00 AM - Reply

I’m convinced and these babies will be what I serve for my next special occasion. Thanks for sharing the recipe and your blog crush. I too have many blog crushes. Such talent out there!

17. Paula @ Vintage Kitchen December 14, 2012 at 5:06 AM - Reply

I love Valerie´s site, she´s so talented. I´m still laughing at your last paragraph! Gorgeous brownies!