DSC03308 thumb Easy Peasy Strawberry Dessert

I did not intend to post this Strawberry Dessert, but because of my daughter, and for my daughter, I am going to share it with the rest of you. It’s become her favorite, and today she deserves to eat a ton of it!

I recently mentioned that my daughter, Ana, ended up in the Emergency Room last week,  two times within 12 hours because of a high fever. A few short days later we were back at Urgent Care and we learned that this could be more serious because after a few tests (poor girl – needles, tubes, catheters, etc.…), the results showed that, among other things, her blood count was off, and that her blood platelets were too low.

DSC02992 thumb Easy Peasy Strawberry Dessert

Needless to say, this past week I have been living on pins and needles. I haven’t slept, I haven’t worked much… I have just been sitting above her night and day – kissing her, hugging her, and praying.

Fortunately, those prayers were answered.

Yesterday we found out that it was only a nasty flu, and it was the virus that caused the platelets to misbehave. The results showed that her blood count is NORMAL!

You can imagine the relief I felt after that phone call – I cried like a child, I picked her up and kissed her from head to toe, twirled her around, and kissed her some more.

Parenthood is one heck of a job –  it’s the most rewarding, fulfilling, and the bestestest job I have ever had.

DSC03251 1024x902 Easy Peasy Strawberry Dessert

Creamy Strawberries

You will need:

• 4 ounces (half of 8 oz. package) Cream Cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup Strawberry Jam
  • 1 cup Whipped Topping
  • 1 cup sliced strawberries, divided

Directions:

• In the bowl of your mixer, mix together the cream cheese and the jam until well blended, about a minute or so.
  • Gently stir in the whipped topping.
  • In four ramekins spoon in half of the sliced strawberries.
  • Pour the cream cheese mixture over the strawberries.
  • Top with remaining strawberries.
  • Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.

DSC03288 thumb Easy Peasy Strawberry Dessert

pixel Easy Peasy Strawberry Dessert

41 Comments on this article. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Sarah @ SimplyScrumptiousBySarah May 18, 2013 at 9:50 AM - Reply

Oh my goodness, that is so scary!!! Poor little girl! I am glad to hear she is going to be okay!!!

2. Claudie May 15, 2011 at 9:53 AM - Reply

Oh my :(( I am so sorry for all of this happening to your daughter!! I can’t imagine how you must have felt. I’m really glad that she just had the flu and that now both of you can feel better and eat plenty of this dessert :)

3. Lori May 14, 2011 at 11:02 PM - Reply

Glad to hear your little one is on the mend. Kids can give us such a scare sometimes!! Creamy strawberries is just the thing for a cute little girl on the mend.

4. Amy May 13, 2011 at 9:46 PM - Reply

Kate, glad to hear that your daughter is ok! That must have been a scary experience! Your dessert sounds wonderful, and I love the simplicity of it allowing the lovely berries to shine through! Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)!

5. Kneady Sweetie May 13, 2011 at 4:01 PM - Reply

This looks like such a yummy treat. I would love to eat this as an afternoon snack on a warm spring/summer day!

6. The Farmers Wife May 13, 2011 at 3:30 PM - Reply

I’m so glad your little sweetheart is ok! You poor Mommy, I hope you can get some rest and enjoy a nice weekend with your family! And I can totally see why your little one likes this recipe, I think just about anyone would!

7. Erin May 13, 2011 at 3:02 PM - Reply

So glad to hear that your daughter is ok. Parenthood is definitely a rollercoaster! Spoiler her rotten this weekend!

8. Dee May 13, 2011 at 3:00 PM - Reply

So happy to see that she is healthy!! She is beautiful :)

9. Magic of Spice May 13, 2011 at 9:44 AM - Reply

Oh poor baby, thank goodness it turned out ok…how frightening. It does look as though she is enjoying this treat :)

10. Liz May 13, 2011 at 8:20 AM - Reply

Oh, whew!!! I’m so happy your sweet Ana is OK…low platelets is a scary symptom. And such a simple yummy dessert…you definitely needed some comfort food, my friend :)

11. Peggy May 13, 2011 at 6:01 AM - Reply

So so so happy to hear Ana is A-OK! Those type of things can be so nerve-racking, I’m sure!

We’ve still got loads of strawberries from our CSA, so I think we’ll treat ourselves with some of these creamy strawberries soon! =)

12. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen May 13, 2011 at 1:42 AM - Reply

Oh your poor baby, I hope she feels better soon. I can’t even to begin to imagine how scary that must be as a parent, especially when you are waiting for the test results. I’m so glad to hear that her results came back normal, what a huge relief!

13. Maja May 13, 2011 at 12:47 AM - Reply

So glad to hear she is ok ! Sending you both bigs hugs ! Great recipe too !

14. Culinarication May 12, 2011 at 11:53 PM - Reply

I’m so happy that your daughter is healthy and happy! Sounds like a delicious dessert!

15. kimberlycun May 12, 2011 at 11:18 PM - Reply

simple recipes are the best! i feel shy posting some of what i deem cheat recipes too but hey, there are always some of us who wish they’d thought it up! love this recipe :D

16. Angie@Angiesrecipes May 12, 2011 at 11:15 PM - Reply

Kate, I am glad Ana is feeling much better now.
    And yes, she does deserve an extra large portion of the strawberry dessert you made. So do you!
    Angie

17. Nami @ Just One Cookbook May 12, 2011 at 10:38 PM - Reply

Hi Kate – I hope you are more relaxed now. Having a sick kid is hard for mom too. I’m glad Ana is feeling better and enjoying the sweets you make. We realize and appreciate this kind of simple joy & moment especially after kids get better from sickness. Have a great weekend (still early?).

18. Lil @ sweetsbysillianah May 12, 2011 at 9:41 PM - Reply

So glad your lil’ one is doing better! I can only imagine what you must have been going thru… [hugs]

I made something similar this past Sunday to take to church for Mother’s Day – kind of a “no-bake” cheesecake. Definitely easy peasy – but yummy too! =)

19. Parsley Sage May 12, 2011 at 9:31 PM - Reply

I’m thinking creamy strawberries are the bestestest way to celebrate. So glad to here your itty bitty is okay :)

20. Kristen May 12, 2011 at 9:22 PM - Reply

So glad to hear your baby is okay. What a scary week you have had. She is so precious.

Love the dessert; easy and delicious are my two favorite things in the kitchen.

21. Happy When Not Hungry May 12, 2011 at 8:23 PM - Reply

I’m so glad Ana is fine!! I can only imagine how nerve racking that must have been. Beautiful and easy dessert as well!

22. Maggie @ Vittles and Bits May 12, 2011 at 6:59 PM - Reply

I’m so glad she’s ok, I can’t imagine how you must have been feeling waiting for those results!! This looks like a yummy dessert, I can see why it’s her new favorite … I love strawberries too!

23. claudia lamascolo May 12, 2011 at 6:22 PM - Reply

So glad things worked out so well, I know how much stress and anguish medical conditions cause, the waiting is agony! With kids its times a million!
    Anyway your dessert is wonderful too hope you enjoy your evening and she feels better!

24. Charlie May 12, 2011 at 6:11 PM - Reply

Thank god your little one is ok! And I understand her for loving this dessert. It’s got whipped cream and strawberries, who wouldn’t ;).
    oh… and my brother had the same plastic cup!

25. Vicki @ WITK May 12, 2011 at 5:25 PM - Reply

Glad to hear that everything is okay with your little one! And thanks for sharing this simple and delicious recipe!

26. Sommer@ASpicyPerspective May 12, 2011 at 5:12 PM - Reply

Sometime the simplest dishes are the most pleasing. Sorry to heat about your little one. I’m SO glad she is on the mend!

27. Lindsey@Lindselicious May 12, 2011 at 4:35 PM - Reply

Aww Kate, I can only guess at the kinda stress and worries you were having. So glad that she is ok! This treat is the perfect simple dessert to cheer anyone up!

28. Sandra May 12, 2011 at 4:32 PM - Reply

Your baby is well and all is right with the world. Serve your precious baby as much of this as she wants. Then put your feet up and take a rest. Prayers do get answered. This is a quick and easy sweet tooth fix.

29. kankana May 12, 2011 at 3:53 PM - Reply

Oh Thank God she is fine now :) I am not a Mom yet but I agree with you on every thing you said about parenthood!
    Those strawberry in that creamy cheese is looking too yummy to not give a try … and I have all the ingredients you mentioned.. almost all :)

30. Lisa @ Tarte du Jour May 12, 2011 at 3:41 PM - Reply

Thank God your precious daughter is healthy!! I can only imagine the scare you had. She is so adorable! Love the recipe too..

31. BestOodles May 12, 2011 at 2:50 PM - Reply

Sorry to hear your daughter was sick and relieve she is doing good. Great easy recipe!

32. Coco200066 May 12, 2011 at 2:10 PM - Reply

Oh that looks so yummy. Definitely going to try those. Thanks for posting. Glad your daughter is doing good.

33. Jill@MadAboutMacarons May 12, 2011 at 11:15 AM - Reply

Thank God Ana is ok. What a scare you had! So happy to hear she’s back to normal and you can catch up with your sleep. Bet these bowls of creamy strawberries were absolute heaven. They look great, Kate.

34. Lauren May 12, 2011 at 10:49 AM - Reply

Soo glad to hear your daughter is ok. How scary. This recipe sounds like something my daughter would enjoy as well.

35. visda May 12, 2011 at 10:48 AM - Reply

Glad to hear that your daughter is well now. Hope she never gets this ill again. I am sure your awesome strawberry dessert was a great treat for her. I would love such a treat any time.:-)

36. Karen May 12, 2011 at 10:37 AM - Reply

I’m so glad that everything is okay!! This post brought tears to my eyes…I can only imagine how scary it was to wait.

37. PolaM May 12, 2011 at 10:29 AM - Reply

Hi Kate, as you know, I love reading your blog and I have something for you on my blog!

By the way, this dessert remind me of my breakfasts in Rome when my mom would go down to the market to buy fresh strawberries and yogurt…

38. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen May 12, 2011 at 10:02 AM - Reply

Love to you! And I rejoice with you. A mother’s heart is connected to her child’s well-being.

39. Kristy May 12, 2011 at 9:05 AM - Reply

So glad your little doll is ok. I know how scary that can be – it’s one of the most awful feelings! She definitely deserves her favorite little dessert after all of that too! (So do you!)

40. kitchenarian May 12, 2011 at 8:51 AM - Reply

Motherhood is the best job ever, although not always easy. So relieved to know all is well with your daughter. Now you can relax a bit and enjoy some of this delicious dessert. I can’t wait to try this.